PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Christ, it's relentless, isn't it!
A poll in the express (not seen it) reckons because of the charges we should be kicked out of the league - no mention of guilt or judgement obviously.
I fear we've reached a tipping point when it's difficult to envisage how we can receive a fair hearing given that the whole footballing establishment has already decided we are guilty and what the punishment should be. Given the levels of disappointment that there will be if the tribunal finds in our favour and how publicly those opinions will be expressed I very much doubt they can remain independent and impartial.

Just say IF the PL decide to pursue and issue a punishment to CITY for FFP and to other top tier clubs like Chelsea will this push the Euro Super League back onto the scene?

Bear in mind UEFA and the financial mess of Barca, Madrid and in Italy...not to mention PSG - the pressures is growing.....

Is this all a VERY BIG risk for PL and UEFA as all these clubs might just be handed the ammo and excuse to say "fuck you PL and UEFA we are off to set up our own league" and just maybe if us 'the fans' see it as US being punished by PL and UEFA we might just not fight against it as much as last time......Im just thinking ahead where football is going - COULD FFP have this a dominoe effect?

Just say IF the PL decide to pursue and issue a punishment to CITY for FFP and to other top tier clubs like Chelsea will this push the Euro Super League back onto the scene?

Bear in mind UEFA and the financial mess of Barca, Madrid and in Italy...not to mention PSG - the pressures is growing.....

Is this all a VERY BIG risk for PL and UEFA as all these clubs might just be handed the ammo and excuse to say "fuck you PL and UEFA we are off to set up our own league" and just maybe if us 'the fans' see it as US being punished by PL and UEFA we might just not fight against it as much as last time......Im just thinking ahead where football is going - COULD FFP have this a dominoe effect?

100%. And I think the prem and uefa are very aware of that, which is why I don’t think we’ll receive a punishment that will affect us beyond one season ie a 15 point deduction and financial fine.

No because the standard of proof is different- and so just because it’s been met in a civil setting doesn’t mean it would be in a criminal one.

It’s actually quite common for people who haven’t been prosecuted to be subject to civil damages arising out of the same facts.
Eg. OJ Simpson...

When I get a speeding fine I don’t say everyone speeds and refuse to pay it…

Some people in here are talking like there’s a huge miscarriage of justice going on. I mean come on!
What the fuck are you going on about mr moral arbiter? Do you not think... Maybe, just maybe, City aren't guilty of what they've been accused of?

Are you okay? You seem convinced we’re guilty, and striking a similar tone to the likes of Harris, Delaney and Carragher.

I literally have no idea as I’m not involved in the process. I would suspect though we are guilty of a few of the charges yes.

But to the wider point you’re inferring, if you can’t handle a few people getting the knives out when we take a knock then maybe supporting city isn’t for you mate. Success breeds envy. But just because of that it doesn’t mean you have to go totally the opposite way and cry about injustice and believe there’s some big huge conspiracy.

Truth is often in the middle.

What the fuck are you going on about mr moral arbiter? Do you not think... Maybe, just maybe, City aren't guilty of what they've been accused of?

I think there’s probably a fair few charges we aren’t guilty of! But I suspect there’s a fair few we are guilty of too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.