PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

FWIW Everton had more than 1 charge against them, it's just that City are AFAIK the only club to ever have all their individual alleged rule breaches detailed.

It's possible to go through the judgment and work out how many they broke but I asked a few days ago and no one had yet. They way the rules are written it's almost impossible to only breach 1 because they all overlap and they're all under umbrella clauses like the good faith one.

It's not possible to go through the judgement to work out how many rules Everton broke - I've been through it for that purpose.

The introduction to the judgment says "By this complaint the Premier League alleges that Everton FC is in breach of the Profitability & Sustainability Rules." It also mentions £105m is the allowed loss under Rule E51, and it also explains some of the other P&S rules.

There are eight Profit and Sustainability rules. The judgment only says that Everton broke them.

The judgment also says "there is no doubt that it (Everton) failed to discharge the duty of utmost good faith imposed by B15."

So that's between two and nine charges against Everton. But since the PL accused us of breaking every single P&L rule for three years (8+8+9 charges per year), we should interpret Everton's charges on the same way, as nine in total.

Last edited:
If the leaked docs are true, I wonder if given he signed the contracts in 2009, it was in case we did get into a position where a few million here or there could make the difference. Otherwise I don’t get it either.

That’s the one that worries me the most though.

I never understood the fuss over this - and still don’t. My understanding was that Mancini under the terms of his severance deal with Inter couldn’t take a managers position for a specified timeframe. Mansour gave Mancini a consultancy gig which I assumed was similar to putting him on retainer, or an option on his services, as there were doubts over Hughes.

Hughes then got the bullet earlier than the owners ideally would have liked and Mancini was installed. The consultancy deal was common knowledge at the time and that the two jobs overlapped was more about timing than anything else.

Whether Mancini did any consultancy work or how long the jobs overlapped I don’t know, but why anyone cares a decade or so later is beyond me.

I always think it’s weird that after all the dodgy stuff we’ve reportedly done, not a single person has actually come out as a direct whistleblower or indeed provided anything remotely indicating we’ve done anything.
Even the lads that hopped ship to Liverpool and stole scouting data had nothing. And if the corruption of us is as deep as they claim, surely someone could have come forward with even a tiny inkling?
Christ even Seluk stuck up for us.

Some people say no smoke without fire, but is there even any real smoke?

I always think it’s weird that after all the dodgy stuff we’ve reportedly done, not a single person has actually come out as a direct whistleblower or indeed provided anything remotely indicating we’ve done anything.
Even the lads that hopped ship to Liverpool and stole scouting data had nothing. And if the corruption of us is as deep as they claim, surely someone could have come forward with even a tiny inkling?
Christ even Seluk stuck up for us.

Some people say no smoke without fire, but is there even any real smoke?
The hacked emails lit the fuse.

but what they have accused us of is that Mancini was paid part of his City salary elsewhere ,which is false accounting. Whether it's true or not I have no idea
Mancini went to Abu Dhabi a couple of times a year, the fee for that could be accounted for as consultancy work? Plus if there is an invoice as someone suggested and it was part of the hacked documents couldn’t we say that had been doctored, companies are only obliged to keep bank records for 6 years so those don’t need to be divulged either by City, our banks and Mancini’s bank. I doubt the banks would break confidentiality on this so how could it be proven?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.