PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It’s the only thing other afans have to have a go at us with now, electrician round our house yesterday was a rag, first thing he mentioned was oh getting relegated arent you down to the conference, I said no chance but if we did we’d be back winning the league before they did, he muttered we will be back might take 10 years, I just laughed and walked away.

It will almost certainly be Stone, and it’ll be along the lines of “Given Everton’s severe punishment last week, are you worried that all of the titles you’ve won could be taken away as punishment if City are found guilty?”.

Simon Heggie should really be saying before the press conference that questions about the investigation are off limits as it’s an ongoing case.
Surely these charges relate to before Pep came so have zero relevance to what he’s won

I wonder if the way in for the scouse cnuts for our performance info, also allowed them further within our systems, such as email. We should go for them big time, no mercy for the candle holders, snuff the cunts.
If there's any residual hacking from that case that we haven't divulged I really do hope we are keeping our powder dry with it.
Now that WOULD be dynamite

Yeah,are we taking bets who asks the first question about the Everton case, I'm going Wanker Stone or Ladyman, he likes to think he's getting an exclusive.
The football side of football isn't important anymore amid certain media and fans.
It's all about the drama.
Abit like the news and weather reports in this country

I haven’t reviewed all 115 charges no and before you jump all over that I would bet my house 90% of people posting in here haven’t either.

From what I have read I think we did employ Mancini after he was sacked in an advisory role. How much of the role was to counter FFP or was really a job in itself only Mancini and city know. My hunch is it’s what’s called “creative accounting”. Does that mean the charge will stick? Who knows but I equally don’t think that charge is so unfair gross miscarriage of justice.

Anyway apologies if I’ve come across arrogant I just find a lot of posters in this thread only want to deal in theatrics.
A lot of City fans are understandably bored to death of this and things have ramped up since Everton got penalised(which isn't fair, it's nothing to do with City), so emotions are a bit higher than usual. Surely you can understand that? I think you'll find most do understand why it had to be looked into but not why UEFA tried to penalise City without even the bare minimum level of proof.

As for the Mancini stuff, I disagree but I'm not claiming I understand the full scope of that.

Beside the fact that if I remember right that contract was signed before Mancini even began managing City and before FFP was in place(so way not just pay him a bumper signing on fee?) between a club that isn't part of the CFG, which didn't even exist until 2013 anyway. Also the amount that was paid for this consultancy work makes it unclear to me why there would even be a need to hide it, even if it did carry on while he was working at the club and FFP was in place. A lot of people have said tax is the biggest motivation for it but which party in all of that really needed to avoid tax. ADUG/Sheikh Mansour didn't, City didn't, Mancini was about to start the most lucrative contract he'd ever had just by being City manager.

There's a lot we don't know and I haven't heard a persuasive enough argument on the motive side of it. If Mancini was that greedy or Sheikh Mansour that keen on offering a sweetener that could have been handled before FFP came in without breaking any rules. If he did do consultancy work for a club not connected to City, why should that go on City's accounts, just because they have the same owner? Does J Henry/FSG do that when the Boston Red Sox or Pitsburgh Penguins pay for consultants, managers, backroom staff?

I did have my concerns over some gotcha stuff like in 2014 but it seems maybe I and you guys don't have to worry.

View attachment 99355

So while Everton, Chelsea have admitted wrongdoing to some degree.. we might just have taken a fine as the cheaper option than to fight it out in court.

As long as we didn't admit wrongdoing, I don't think it can be used against us though I'm sure the PL's lawyers will probably think that's their strongest avenue to display guilt. However I don't see how any settlement is admission of guilt.
Also 2014 is definitely outside of scope in terms of the six years limitation period, since the restrictions of fraud, concealment or mistake wouldn't apply to that case.

A string of TH tweets this morning suggest clubs are asking the PL to further investigate the dippers hacking our scouting system a few years ago. Finally. I’ve been waiting for this!

He’s not done all the tweets as a thread but if you go to his profile then you’ll see them.

I doubt stuff from that long ago will be investigated or used to punish clubs, but could it be shown to understand the context of the league we are working in? And that we tried to have good relations with Liverpool but they have continuously attacked us nonetheless?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.