PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Think some people are being a bit harsh on city to be honest.

I assume city wanted not just us to succeed but everyone because, if you’re not and idiot, you’d realize that if everyone in the league is successful the league gets more money and everyone is richer. Sadly I don’t think city realized at the time just how contemptible Liverpool are and how bitter, twisted and selfish the Americans are and they probably were being nice to us back then because they did don’t realize how much we’d be upsetting the status quo.

Don’t forget as well, Liverpool never admitted guilt, and the PL weren’t interested in investigating. and our choices boiled down to allowing Liverpool to get away with it and accepting our place below them forever, or kicking off about it only for it to be immediately scrubbed by the media and ignored forever (like the van dicky tapping up, and the murders) but city obviously made a bit of a stink so were offered the money, which they took at the time to placate but also to demonstrate we wouldn’t take things lying down. And I imagine that was the end to any ideas that we’d get along with them in any capacity.

Plus the whole “why didn’t city change the passwords?” Is a whole argument that has no end, why didn’t we? But why didn’t they be honest and not use them, or indeed when they found out they had them, why didn’t they tell city instead of immediately use it to steal data? My theory is they were pushed by their new employees to take a chance and try to log in. Hence they were since promoted and I assume a huge bonus.

The question I have is why, if they are, are city bringing it up now? Could be a play to push the premier league into actually reviewing it, which if they didn’t and we were right would be an absolutely damning indictment of the PL and Liverpool when their integrity is under heavy heavy scrutiny.

As well as this It might not even be city who are leaking/pushing it, there seems to be a few leaks coming out in general, this could just be another in the line, with more the come out.

Or of course it could just be a bit of winding People up by city to prompt them into making yet another mistake in their handling of our case.

One thing I do not think it has any relevance on is how city feel the case is going.
Of course it’s a windup. The hacking case was closed years ago and won’t be revisited.

Quite a poor taste windup as well - as some on here have completely missed the ‘joke’.

Yesterday morning about 4:30 Tony Evans (Scouse journalist) referred to Manchester City's transgressions.No mention of 'alleged ',does this make it slanderous?
Are Talk sport abetting him by publishing his slander?

Yesterday morning about 4:30 Tony Evans (Scouse journalist) referred to Manchester City's transgressions.No mention of 'alleged ',does this make it slanderous?
Are Talk sport abetting him by publishing his slander?

Tbf to Tony he's normally pissed and telling everyone on twitter what a real Scouser is.

That was 97/98 - we lost to Bury, Crewe, AND Stockport that season. The Tony Dinning penalty defeat to Stockport was actually a couple of years later the season we got promoted to the PL under Joe Royle
My mate must of been talking about Bury and not Stockport County when he was referred to them as a pub team because it was around 98.

Whilst I agree with your point, you have to consider the influence of United and Liverpool who either have their own former staff in the Premier League, UEFA or in the case of the Premier League can sanction senior appointments. They’re also effectively holding a Super League gun at the Premier League head. It’s almost like a “if it’s not my train set I’ll break it” attitude. Common sense goes out of the window. They honestly believe the footballing world want to see United v Bayern or Liverpool v Barcelona every week. Maybe they’re right but that’s when I take up fishing.
All this City won’t be relegated is absolute bollocks.

The Premier League have backed themselves into a huge corner where they have left no alternative.

Nobody will bat an eyelid if City and Chelsea go down - I would say almost all non City and Chelsea fans want them relegated - especially the media.

The PL will then be shared amongst LFC Utd and Arsenal just like it was always supposed to.

There is no ‘Super League Gun’ though. Do you not remember what happened when that was tried previously ?

The PL know the public and the Government won’t stand for a Super League so won’t be losing any sleep over it.

When was the first bit of news? Isn't that when the SOL runs from?

And it was an FA investigation wasn't it? The PL has been known to re-litigate others' decisions. Quite recently, in fact.

Yeah I mean as far as reaches go, it is as good as any. But it is still just a reach.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I think it is just an inevitable stage in the repeat cycle of this thread/theme.

All this City won’t be relegated is absolute bollocks.

The Premier League have backed themselves into a huge corner where they have left no alternative.

Nobody will bat an eyelid if City and Chelsea go down - I would say almost all non City and Chelsea fans want them relegated - especially the media.

The PL will then be shared amongst LFC Utd and Arsenal just like it was always supposed to.

There is no ‘Super League Gun’ though. Do you not remember what happened when that was tried previously ?

The PL know the public and the Government won’t stand for a Super League so won’t be losing any sleep over it.
Thanks for that unstinting flurry of optimism first thing in the morning...

Lots of people in work getting giddy about us having trophies taken off us, huge points deductions & numerous relegations.
Fuck me, it really shows how much we are hated and not just by fans of the redshirts, its all football fans want to talk about with me, gets fucking boring real quick
To be honest mate, I wouldn’t be too sure it’s about City…sounds like they’ve all got together and are having their fun winding you up !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.