PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yesterday morning about 4:30 Tony Evans (Scouse journalist) referred to Manchester City's transgressions.No mention of 'alleged ',does this make it slanderous?
Are Talk sport abetting him by publishing his slander?
Isn't he the bellend who said it wasn't Liverpool fans that caused the Heysel tragedy?

Whilst I agree with your point, you have to consider the influence of United and Liverpool who either have their own former staff in the Premier League, UEFA or in the case of the Premier League can sanction senior appointments. They’re also effectively holding a Super League gun at the Premier League head. It’s almost like a “if it’s not my train set I’ll break it” attitude. Common sense goes out of the window. They honestly believe the footballing world want to see United v Bayern or Liverpool v Barcelona every week. Maybe they’re right but that’s when I take up fishing.
And you'll probably be joined by Phil and young Ronnie :O)

It is another example of the power of the press. Last time at CAS, I don't think there was more than one 'journalist' that punted the idea that we may even be innocent of the charges and post verdict, why we had not cooperated.
The takeaway from the verdict wasn't the 11 times the panel used the word innocent, but the idea, we somehow got off!

Move on a couple of years, and it is all happening again and the 'ordinary ' football supporter doesn't question all these hacks, will most likely be wrong again.

The public have a short memory (see political journalism) and see what they want to, but these feckers fuel it and are the reason there is so much hate in the world - and certainly football.

It is another example of the power of the press. Last time at CAS, I don't think there was more than one 'journalist' that punted the idea that we may even be innocent of the charges and post verdict, why we had not cooperated.
The takeaway from the verdict wasn't the 11 times the panel used the word innocent, but the idea, we somehow got off!

Move on a couple of years, and it is all happening again and the 'ordinary ' football supporter doesn't question all these hacks, will most likely be wrong again.

The public have a short memory (see political journalism) and see what they want to, but these feckers fuel it and are the reason there is so much hate in the world - and certainly football.
Its why every opposition fan states we got off cause things were time barred. They don't actually read the CAS findings that clears us of everything they did judge on apart from non co operation, more importantly that they didn't make a judgement over time barred charges due to them being exactly that.

The media pedal that means we are guilty but no charges due to being time barred when reality is we could be just as 'not guilty' on those charges as the charges they did rule on and cleared us on.

Reality is 99.9% of any opposition fans commenting on the CAS judgement haven't read a single word of it and take their facts from the likes of the daily mail and carragher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.