PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There are no grounds to sue the PL.

They will argue they have followed procedure and I've seen/heard nothing that City believe they haven't.

It will also be hard to argue that this has materially damaged City when we're on for 4 league titles in a row, have just won the treble and are posting record revenue and profits.
Disagree here. I would say there are no grounds to sue the PL that we know of.

For me, there are big questions around the appointment of Masters as PL executive. If two specific clubs were allowed to decide on his appointment then is that right? Also, as he was fourth choice, I would want to know why the top 3 turned the role down. Was there anything being asked if them that they didn't agree with?

Regarding material damage it's tricky like you say. But if we had nothing hanging over us and had been praised all over by the media, would that have helped us sign Bellingham or Rice? Nobody knows their true reasoning for turning us down - could doubts over any punishment have influenced them?

Fucking Jordan again chuntering about Citys perceived procrastination when we are a defendant clearly in dispute with an aggressive plaintiff.

Somehow at our behest we can hugely expedite this hearing as we have previously expressed a wish to "have it dealt with quickly", even when the timelines are being laid down by the independant commission. He states this facetiously of course as if that somehow insinuates deliberate delay by City or its advocates which in turn of course points to "guilt" or "avoidance".

Then because he sued Dowie and thinks he knows the civil law procedures extrapolated an appeal process, because we've been found in breach of course, by which we somehow appeal to CAS and the process lasts until 2030!

Now previously I thought he was being deliberately provocative in his statements for triggering listeners as is talkshites modus operandi. However its now quite clear he does in fact know fuck all about our case or the hearings process and is as ill informed as your average Arsenal fan, just says it without that fucking awful narf Landan accent.
You will feel much better if you stop listening to that awful excuse of a radio station.

A reminder from Lord Pannick about taking on an almost certain losing case……

People think maybe I can sprinkle some magic dust on their cases – but some cases aren’t winnable. I spend much of my time saying, “Stop, you’ll lose.” Then I hear the words, “This is a matter of principle.” It’s the client’s prerogative. My role is to contribute to justice by making sure that the client’s side is fully argued.’

I would imagine for every KC that wins, there is a loser.
He’s brilliant on this podcast:

He’s brilliant on this podcast:

Thanks I’ll give that a listen.

From the article I shared he explains he lost his 1st case & the defendant was ultimately executed. I can’t imagine what that must be like, we joke it’s about the money but that must be life changing.

Because the Prem rule book doesn't allow an appeal to CAS my understanding is
Case examined by PL to see if any case to answer,
Handed over to independent tribunal
Case heard and judgement made
Potential to appeal to a new tribunal
Only further opportunity is to take the case to UK courts but not to appeal sentence only to challenge process or breach of UK statute.
I await to be corrected.

Why would the pl not allow CAS ?

To allow CAS would prove that the pl have acted correctly if both CAS and pl agree. It would provide that the pl have acted correctly and fairly, surely the pl would want that back up

Pl sound just like the school bully.

Reactions: Bez
Twatter's usually the place for it but if you don't do Twatter you might not know. I would say that when engaging with opposition fans in person, I don't think a single one has ever brought it up. And I include United and Liverpool fans in that.
Exactly this, social media and the real world are two totally different places.

Twatter's usually the place for it but if you don't do Twatter you might not know. I would say that when engaging with opposition fans in person, I don't think a single one has ever brought it up. And I include United and Liverpool fans in that.
Fans of other clubs who've brought it up with me in person have been curious rather than judgmental.

I read today's BBC website which contained this article on AI.

www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20231128-ai-powered-digital-colleagues-are-here-some-safe-jobs-could-be-vulnerable

Is it possible that legal proceedings could also be targeted to deal with the thousands of paper documents our people provided.?
Probably even letter writing is still charged at a manual hourly rate.

Probably not the correct thread but I suspect the NHS inability to even get a standard computer system to work suggests AI is needed to weed out admin constraints.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.