PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The PL has put a timeframe of 12 weeks to conclude P&S cases so that any punishment is in the season that the case is heard. There are then exceptional cases (ours currently) that fall outside this timeframe.
Ours is not a P&S case, so this timeframe doesn't apply to us anyway.

Edit....and can you imagine trying to push our complex case through in 12 weeks? Ha ha....bloody hell.

That’s fine, it’s all a game of opinions at the end of the day.

Ultimately though, the club say they have ‘irrefutable evidence’ that the charges are bollocks. To see this evidence is to kill the case stone dead, there is that little ambiguity.

That then only leaves two scenarios.

1. The club have this evidence, have decided under legal advice to not engage with the investigation (very likely to avoid falling foul of a fishing expedition) and accept non-compliance charges that will result in a hefty fine

2. The club have provided all of this evidence, the PL and some of the UKs top legal minds, people who pick and choose their cases, have seen this evidence and still plowed ahead in a case of such corporate negligence it makes Gerald Rayner look a visionary, and thrown in non-compliance charges for a laugh also.

My point was a simple one - a poster said if City are found not guilty of all charges they should ‘sue everyone’, but unless it’s a case of scenario 2 above, it’s simply not possible, and if it’s scenario 2 at the end of the day, the PL executives and KC’s who saw ‘irrefutable evidence’ and pushed on would have being sued way down their list of concerns.

Also fine, but whilst it would be absolutely hilarious if all the PL have is the UEFA case that they want to retry, it stretches extremely thin the concept of plausibility that some of the UKs top KCs would be willing to put their reputations and their chambers’ reputations on the line to try that case again, especially with the weightiest allegations having already been found unsubstantiated by CAS. These guys earn millions of pounds a year and pick and choose their cases, they’re not taking this case for money or because they’re secretly Arsenal/Liverpool/United fans.

In that scenario, any KC worth their salt would be advising the club to ‘take a pinch’ if it were offered as some of the Walter Mittys would have you believe the PL have been desperate for. It’s not just SM who can make decisions anymore either, there are important shareholders with a lot of money on the line, it would be negligence of the highest order to refuse a settlement if offered no matter how confident you are.

If in 18 months time the ruling comes out and it turns out the PL had nothing more than the UEFA case, ran with it anywhere and got torn apart at the tribunal, I’ll be on here celebrating with you, trying to avoid a double hernia from laughing so hard, but for the reasons above, I just don’t see any plausible scenario that the PL and KCs would be that reckless, even with the pressure other clubs and an incoming independent regulator no doubt put them under.
And have you ever known a KC advise their carefully selectively chosen client to publish a press release full of fucking basic errors? The premier league almost certainly had counsel going though the charges but there's no fucking way the premier league had the green light from a KC to publish the charges when they did. The premier league shot its load prematurely with that release purely for political reasons & internal pressure. If it had been reviewed and ok'ed by their KC's the charges would have been accurately referenced not the clusterfuck we had referencing grass and ticket allocations etc.

Last edited:
Fucking Jordan again chuntering about Citys perceived procrastination when we are a defendant clearly in dispute with an aggressive plaintiff.

Somehow at our behest we can hugely expedite this hearing as we have previously expressed a wish to "have it dealt with quickly", even when the timelines are being laid down by the independant commission. He states this facetiously of course as if that somehow insinuates deliberate delay by City or its advocates which in turn of course points to "guilt" or "avoidance".

Then because he sued Dowie and thinks he knows the civil law procedures extrapolated an appeal process, because we've been found in breach of course, by which we somehow appeal to CAS and the process lasts until 2030!

Now previously I thought he was being deliberately provocative in his statements for triggering listeners as is talkshites modus operandi. However its now quite clear he does in fact know fuck all about our case or the hearings process and is as ill informed as your average Arsenal fan, just says it without that fucking awful narf Landan accent.
Not sure it’s possible to procrastinate when the hearing doesn’t even start for another year.

Maybe this is exactly what the red cartel wanted when they forced the PL to rush out a load of absurd allegations?

Maybe its the red cartel now pushing the PL to delay the process?

No sympathy whatsoever for the PL - they’ve likely been bullied to where they are now - between a rock and a hard place.

Nightmare scenario for us is that standing our ground will be deemed an existential threat to the PL so the “independent” (lol) panel must find us guilty for the Sky4 gravy-train to get back on track.

And have you ever known a KC advise their carefully selectively chosen client to publish a press release full of fucking basic errors? The premier league almost certainly had counsel going though the charges but there's no fucking way the premier league had the green light from a KC to publish the charges when they did. The premier league shot its load prematurely with that release purely for political reasons & internal pressure. If it have been reviewed and ok'ed by their KC's the charges would have been accurately referenced not the clusterfuck we had referencing grass and ticket allocations etc.
I believe Pep referred directly to Spurs' role in getting the PL to bring the charges and also didn't PB say in one of the podcasts on the charges that it was a phone call from Levy telling the PL to get moving and deal with City that was the immediate cause of the charges being brought. So it was a rush job. And Billy Shears posted in to say that reputational damage was the aim of the cartel rather than any evidence based belief we had broken any regulations. These may be theories but there seems little to contradict them and I think we need to remember that we all thought the PL investigation had ground to a complete halt before Levy and the cartel intervened. So, it does seem impossible that a KC OK'd a charge of not cutting the grass to the regulation height (though Liverpool fans might!). Since the charges were "refined" we have Tolmie's posts telling us that the PL have washed their hands of the affair. All opinions from City fans but all far more trustworthy than the opinions of some of the dumbos prepared to treat us to their views and all far more likely to be based on evidence rather than hope. And then we have Khaldoon's assertion that our evidence is irrefutable. Seems quite a reliable and trustworthy kind of guy.

As for myself, I'll be as nervous as hell when the verdict is due, but I'm not at all worried about the outcome.

I believe its because CAS is a Swiss based court and has no jurisdiction over soley UK matters.
Probably correct - although some of the PLs key people and clubs also do not wish to have to demonstrate fainess - they want to be judge and jury

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.