PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Knock yourself out:-

And this is the "whistle blower" who hacked our emails (amongst many, many more):-

Cheers mate.

The emails prove absolutely nothing. They are proposals and outlines.
The proof and evidence of what happened is in the accounts of City and their sponsors. In receivables and expenses ledgers of either party filed at the time and comprising documentation submitted at CAS with added testimony from financial directors from both these parties.
The PL is going to need some pretty persuasive evidence to counter that and I'd go as far as to say I doubt such evidence exists or has ever existed.
I'm afraid "liar, liar, pants on fire" isn't going to cut it.

Anyone else finding that you can't get more than four or five sentences into a conversation about City's charges before the other party exposes that they don't have a clue what they're on about?

That post earlier about us being in a 'post-truth society' really hits home. They've seen some bloke on Twitter say that 'City only got off on a technicality last time' and they all believe it.
Caught talkshite this morning and they were saying we only "got off" at CAS due to time barring. They aren't serious journalists. No-one is interested in the truth anymore. It's quite sad really

I've even had rags suggest to me, without apparent irony, that any club found breaching FFP in any way should be immediately relegated!

Ours is not a P&S case, so this timeframe doesn't apply to us anyway.

Edit....and can you imagine trying to push our complex case through in 12 weeks? Ha ha....bloody hell.
Is it really that complex though? It seems that they are asserting fraud. If they can't assert that, which you would hope they have some real tangible evidence of/witnesses to testify about, then the rest collapses

Can anyone she'd some light on these emails that supposedly prove we did wrong, I've heard that gobby scouser from the Anfield Agenda and the rag from TFT on You Tube saying they have seen the emails which prove we did wrong, anyone know what they are.

If that’s all they’ve got, then we’ve got absolutely nothing whatsoever to worry about.

An email can’t conclusively prove financial irregularities if the arrangements they reference are not supported by our Accounts.

The irregularities we’re being accused of can only be conclusively proven by evidence contained in our Accounts and documented financial transactions.

A statement in an email which isn’t supported by the irrefutable proof of our accounts can be instantly dismissed as nothing more than that - a statement in an email.

I hope these two fucking idiots you’re referring to are right, as if that’s what the PL are basing their case on - we’re in the clear!

Off topic but the NHS computer system is far from standard, and it mostly works. Not really sure what you mean by weeding out "admin constraints" using AI.
Even more off topic but (i) there is no such thing as "the NHS" (it is a conglomerate of 20000+ different organisations) and (ii) there are multiple IT products used by those providers (Cerner, EMIS, System 1, etc, etc) between which some sort of interoperability is possible (using things like SNOMED coding, etc)

Just had a news article pop up, either from team talk or talksport (I confess I swiped it away as soon as it popped up). I did catch the headline though 'Man City Points Deduction'

Firstly, I'm now positive AI is writing the majority of online articles, mashing trending keywords together into headlines to get clicks.

Second, it just goes to show the complete ignorance and lack of understanding of our case by many. I mean, if we are found guilty, a points deduction is the least of our worries. I just don't see that they grasp the severity of the allegations, nor the body of evidence required to prove such.

Let alone the implications for the premier league if they lose the case, which is a very real possibility given uefa were laughed out by cas and the only 'evidence' against us seems to be the salty tears of our rivals and a bunch of emails copied and pasted together by a now convicted criminal extortionist. Who was he going to, or did he, sell his work to by the way? Wonder if that'd show up in someone else's accounts or was it strictly off the books....

Last edited:
They have sympathy for Everton because they are not a threat to them in footballing terms.

But surely that is the tactic.

City fans have always argued it creates a glass ceiling.

But us saying this whilst winning everything, does not really make the point.

This demonstrates it, spent less then multiple PL clubs and now have a 10 point deduction (how do they compete)!

For me, these are the kind of stories that we should be planting in the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.