PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Is there no way City can do a sit down interview with Khaldoon and call the Premier League out and explain to the idiots how serious these charges are and how everything has been signed off and the sponsors have done nothing wrong. Surely sponsors are annoyed at what’s going on. Surely deep down the journalists reporting all this know the actual facts like Etihad not related party and know that it’s just mad to accuse the people at city in directly of fraud
We can do that at the end of the case. Not a good move to do it now.

But remember they will also have lawyers who are fairly confident otherwise the charges wouldn’t be issued
Make no mistake about it this is our biggest ever battle in many a year
Hopefully we have irrefutable evidence surely our owner wouldn’t say that if he wasn’t confident of a victory
Otherwise I’m guessing if we thought we would be found guilty we would be trying to negotiate a deal
No evidence that their lawyers are confident. For all we know they may have urged dropping many of the charges but been knocked back by the PL. Reading the full CAS judgement cannot have inculcated much confidence except in the most unlikely event that the PL have new evidence which trumps audited accounts.
As fora deal, we were offered one by Ceferin of UEFA, but refused. Same case here.

The opening paragraph:

is absolutely on the fucking money.
I used to know the late Rudy Narayan QC. He was a shouter who lost case after case by putting the judges back up. His classic was to argue that all cases of blackmail were racist by virtue of the name. He actually argued this as a defence in one case. Verdict: Guilty as charged.

No evidence that their lawyers are confident. For all we know they may have urged dropping many of the charges but been knocked back by the PL. Reading the full CAS judgement cannot have inculcated much confidence except in the most unlikely event that the PL have new evidence which trumps audited accounts.
As fora deal, we were offered one by Ceferin of UEFA, but refused. Same case here.
I really hope and believe we are not guilty but only thing creating a doubt is this is a CAS rerun ( one could question double jepordy) surely in their 4 years of digging with the reasons we were found not guilty on a piece of paper for reference they wouldn't push on unless those knock backs were now answered?

They've already presented them to CAS if not UEFA.
Yes. CAS afforded them no cogency whatsoever. I understand that was a lay down in our favour. It was reliance on the emails that persuaded Ceferin (a lawyer) to offer a deal. If the PL rely solely on the emails, their chances are slim.

They've already presented them to CAS if not UEFA.
The CAS ruling included a logical contradiction that probably only lawyers would understand. The court went to pains to explain why the leaked/stolen emails were admissible. However it went on to say the emails were only indicative of possible payments, in some cases purely internal and speculative exchanges. The ruling stated that the actual events ie the transaction based evidence superseded the emails. So although admissible the emails became completly irrelevant, and that's why UEFA lost.
Without doubt the majority 2-1 outcome was borderline insanity. The 2 were saying there's NO evidence of wrong doing so City must win, but the 1 still said guilty. The ruling did NOT explain why he voted that way. Once again, to the lay person, another contradiction.

Is there no way City can do a sit down interview with Khaldoon and call the Premier League out and explain to the idiots how serious these charges are and how everything has been signed off and the sponsors have done nothing wrong. Surely sponsors are annoyed at what’s going on. Surely deep down the journalists reporting all this know the actual facts like Etihad not related party and know that it’s just mad to accuse the people at city in directly of fraud
yeah there are some reputable journalists out there, like Simon Stone etc, and they're obviously playing to the gallery when it comes to City charges. Stone knows there's another side to this. And I hope our fanbase, the club, the team never forget those twats and how people like Stone have just used this for a crusade for their own clubs.

And if we are found innocent, and realise that this whole period of City success has been ruined by poisonous partisan journalists then I fear for their safety, I really do, this is quite personal for some people.

But thats if, for all we know the journo's could be right and we are getting relegated.

yeah there are some reputable journalists out there, like Simon Stone etc, and they're obviously playing to the gallery when it comes to City charges. Stone knows there's another side to this. And I hope our fanbase, the club, the team never forget those twats and how people like Stone have just used this for a crusade for their own clubs.

And if we are found innocent, and realise that this whole period of City success has been ruined by poisonous partisan journalists then I fear for their safety, I really do, this is quite personal for some people.

But thats if, for all we know the journo's could be right and we are getting relegated.
+dis

I really hope and believe we are not guilty but only thing creating a doubt is this is a CAS rerun ( one could question double jepordy) surely in their 4 years of digging with the reasons we were found not guilty on a piece of paper for reference they wouldn't push on unless those knock backs were now answered?
You underestimate the extent to which the PL are in thrall to the redshirts. They issued their panicky inaccurate charges in the face of pressure from Levy, an honorary redshirt. I expect the panel to find that we breached some minor technicalities and were non co-operative but they will lose on all the main charges.
Just consider the hoop-la over the appointment of Masters. It showed what a looney tunes body the PL is: two turned them down, one resigned after a month citing certain clubs had too much influence, and Masters was approved in a private meeting with the redshirts. YCNMIU.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.