PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Or even worse sharing a cell with some dickhead rag posing as a City fan on a City forum (not you Chad btw).
I guess that’s aimed at me. I’m as big a city fan as the next person on this forum, 20 minutes don’t pass by without city on my mind. I have 100% belief in the owners and the board, but even on this thread you have people who are 100% confident, some are doubtful and some believe a stitch up is on the cards, so even on this forum there’s a level of confusion.

I’m not worried but all I’m trying to do is find out whether I should be.

I guess that’s aimed at me. I’m as big a city fan as the next person on this forum, 20 minutes don’t pass by without city on my mind. I have 100% belief in the owners and the board, but even on this thread you have people who are 100% confident, some are doubtful and some believe a stitch up is on the cards, so even on this forum there’s a level of confusion.

Don't be worried mate. It could be 3, 4, 5 or more years off

Until then we'll just carry on as normal

I'm sure between now and then you'll have bigger things to worry about in your life

The Barclay family has regained control of The Telegraph and The Spectator today. This required them to repay Lloyds Bank 1.2 billion and they have received this money from Redbird IMI in order to do so. IMI is a media investment company wholly owned by Sheikh Mansour and this company has actually put most of the money up - Redbird are fronting it.

The government has referred this deal to both Ofcom and the CMA to see if the eventual transfer of the shares to Redbird IMI is allowed. It will be interesting to see the outcome as it will give an indication of how much clout Abu Dhabi has with the UK government. There is a lot of hostility from both senior Conservatives and all the senior staff at the Telegraph, with lots of articles vehemently against the eventual takeover. Abu Dhabi is either a friendly nation that the UK encourages to invest in the country or it's not. Only last week, Jeremy Hunt had the begging bowl out in an event at which Khaldoon attended for instance.

The government has referred this deal to both Ofcom and the CMA to see if the eventual transfer of the shares to Redbird IMI is allowed. It will be interesting to see the outcome as it will give an indication of how much clout Abu Dhabi has with the UK government.
Can't wait to see how this pans-out.

Well your in the wrong place for that, this is a forum of opinion, read it and then make your own mind up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.