PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The whistle-blowing defence was destroyed by the Portguese judges on the basis that he had admitted demanding money from his victims and he produced no evidence for his motive in hacking documents from hundreds of organisations. You have to provide a public interest motive for being a genuine whistleblower. What Pinto was convicted of was a giant criminal financial fishing expedition. He even hacked the police investigating his case.
In addition to the four year (suspended) jail sentence in Portugal he got another six months jail from a French court for hacking PSG. He is still facing 377 further charges. But the English press have continued to paint him as a hero. It proves how information is totally distorted these days. The coverage of his case in the UK by BBC online missed out ALL the prosection evidence.
Wow, if you thought 115 was a big number, what is 377!?!

Definitely Der Spiegl. Pinto was just an opportunist who hacked millions of documents. City are a tiny fraction of his hack and we didn’t even feature in any of the charges when he was recently convicted of extortion. He is also facing more multiple charges. Spiegl have a track record of fabricating stories and were hammered by the regulators in Germany in another case.

Just of sheer curiosity how did this Pinto **** get identified/caught?

Just of sheer curiosity how did this Pinto **** get identified/caught?
Don't know all the details but I think he was caught in a sting by the Portugese police. He was demanding payment in return for data he had stolen from a Portugese Sports Agency (I think Doyen Sports). He demanded 500,000 Euros payment in return for him not releasing documents he had hacked from them. A meeting was set up with Pinto's then lawyer and their lawyers at a motorway services near Lisbon but undercover police were waiting for him. They had been after him for years. He apparently had hidden bank accounts all over the world. This is what was reported in the overseas media. The link below gives an indication of his previous blackmail and extortion tactics though of course the UK media treated him like a saint.

Don't know all the details but I think he was caught in a sting by the Portugese police. He was demanding payment in return for data he had stolen from a Portugese Sports Agency (I think Doyen Sports). He demanded 500,000 Euros payment in return for him not releasing documents he had hacked from them. A meeting was set up with Pinto's then lawyer and their lawyers at a motorway services near Lisbon but undercover police were waiting for him. They had been after him for years. He apparently had hidden bank accounts all over the world. This is what was reported in the overseas media. The link below gives an indication of his previous blackmail and extortion tactics though of course the UK media treated him like a saint.

Thanks BOQ, much appreciated mate.

You would expect City being state owned and human rights abusers to let the Abu Dhabi secret service to act on Pinto and any other questionable person who seems intent to throw shit our way but no the club want to do everything by the book.

I would be more worried if we actually needed to use these shady techniques.
We'd be merely fighting fire with fire.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.