PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yes and paid the PL for it all to go away
Not the PL. Their dispute was with the EFL and they eventually settled with them a couple of years after winning the PL title. Fact is though, the whole episode of them breaching Championship FFP never got any widespread coverage in the media. I think The Guardian were the only ones to ever report on it. After all, the wider media were never going to write any negative articles about their fairytale title winners.

Fast forward to today and rumours abound that Leicester are going to sue Everton. If there’s any truth in that then it’s a fucking piss-take. Perhaps the clubs Leicester got promoted at the expense of can sue Leicester as well.

View attachment 102435

"According to the Mail On Sunday, Pinto has, through his lawyers, declared that he is willing to help the Premier League’s investigation, which has dragged on since December 2018, following the Football Leaks allegations.

What bearing that has on the case is unclear, partly because the extent and focus of the League’s investigation is not known, and partly because there is no indication that Pinto has any fresh evidence not already placed before Uefa, the League and CAS.

It seems that material is the same as Uefa used for their investigation, some of which was dismissed by CAS because it transgressed Uefa’s own rules that any alleged offences more than five years old were time-barred.

City critics claim that the Premier League’s own inquiry is not hindered in the same way, as there is no specific reference to a time limit in their rules.

But the League’s handbook does say that English law supersedes anything within those rules - and there is a six-year bar on any such cases under the Limitation Act."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-ffp-rui-pinto-21139440

This hardens the suspicion that the PL rushed into this, because (alongside the way they messed up the documentation of the rule breaches) there's no way a competent lawyer allows them to charge us with offences going back as far as 2009/10.

Last edited:
They say tainted titles despite half the PL failing FFP at one time or another, so if Fulham win the PL will it be tainted as they once failed FFP or Wolves or United
and Liverpool (cleared by UEFA for some strange reason but we all know they did fail)

Last edited:
View attachment 102435

"According to the Mail On Sunday, Pinto has, through his lawyers, declared that he is willing to help the Premier League’s investigation, which has dragged on since December 2018, following the Football Leaks allegations.

What bearing that has on the case is unclear, partly because the extent and focus of the League’s investigation is not known, and partly because there is no indication that Pinto has any fresh evidence not already placed before Uefa, the League and CAS.

It seems that material is the same as Uefa used for their investigation, some of which was dismissed by CAS because it transgressed Uefa’s own rules that any alleged offences more than five years old were time-barred.

City critics claim that the Premier League’s own inquiry is not hindered in the same way, as there is no specific reference to a time limit in their rules.

But the League’s handbook does say that English law supersedes anything within those rules - and there is a six-year bar on any such cases under the Limitation Act."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-ffp-rui-pinto-21139440
You literally couldn't make it up. A criminal hacker is offering to help try to get us, presumably by more illegal activity, and this makes headline news and is taken seriously

Every email has a similar statement contained within it.
This is from Barclays Bank today.

Is it just me that doesn't get this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231227-121110~2.png
    Screenshot_20231227-121110~2.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 255
This hardens the suspicion that the PL rushed into this, because (alongside the way they messed up the documentation of the rule breaches) there's no way a competent lawyer allows them to charge us with offences going back as far as 2009/10.
This is why after being calm, then shitting myself, I'm back to being calm about the whole mess which is where I reckon I'll remain.

After watching your YouTube analysis, I couldn’t find anything earth-shattering or new to add to what UEFA didn't cover in 2014 or 2018, apart from the sentence taken out of context from a cache of stolen emails, which according to UK Law must be time barred?

The only confusing thing is whether the time bar starts from the date of the alleged offence, or from the date the offence was uncovered? UK Law isn't clear on this as there are caveats dependent of the severity of the charges.

Then there's the definition of "offence". What we're being charged with maybe an "offence" against the "rules" of the PL's private members club, BUT the charge itself isn't an "offence" in UK Law.

Seeing as the PL itself says its rules don't supercede UK Law, I'm even more lost as to where they're going with this & the UK statute of limitations issues? \0/

You literally couldn't make it up. A criminal hacker is offering to help try to get us, presumably by more illegal activity, and this makes headline news and is taken seriously
And this story is three years old and since then Pinto has been found guilty of extortion, got a four years suspended jail sentence in Portugal, a sixth-month suspended sentence in France, and has been charged with 377 more offences. I am not sure he would be a credible witness!

Last edited:
If this alone doesn't shine a searchlight on UEFA/G14 & the PL's Hateful Eight's desperate attempts to nail City by any means necessary, then nothing will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.