PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Plus surely that have legal requirement to report

Apparently, there is no legal obligation to report fraud to the police or to any other body, unless part of a regulated sector that has a duty to do so. Football isn't a regulated sector.

If they are really pursuing fraud, I would have thought it would make sense to report it in this case, though, to avoid any future "embarrassment". Personally, I don't think they have a snowflake's chance in hell of proving fraud for a multitude of reasons.

Apparently, there is no legal obligation to report fraud to the police or to any other body, unless part of a regulated sector that has a duty to do so. Football isn't a regulated sector.

If they are really pursuing fraud, I would have thought it would make sense to report it in this case, though, to avoid any future "embarrassment". Personally, I don't think they have a snowflake's chance in hell of proving fraud for a multitude of reasons.
One of the first things Pannick should do not that I know anything is say so you the premier league are alleging fraud and have to in affect prove it in order get round time bar but have not openly said any of this or reported it to anyone. So either your making shit up under pressure from other clubs or your in affect supporting it

It's is the easiest thing in the world to write down that City have been accused of 115 chargeses to pander to the masses of sycophants who want to believe that we are guilty of some misdemeanor.
The problem the accusers have is that,they don't seem to have, any evidence to support their claims.
This is and always has been a kite flying exercise to try and discredit City off the pitch as they clearly can't do it on the pitch.

Last edited:
One of the first things Pannick should do not that I know anything is say so you the premier league are alleging fraud and have to in affect prove it in order get round time bar but have not openly said any of this or reported it to anyone. So either your making shit up under pressure from other clubs or your in affect supporting it

Well, possibly. I just hope he doesn't say "I rest my case" after that. :)

City’s legal team are headed by Lord David Pannick KC of Blackstone Chambers who will work with Monckton Chambers’ Paul Harris KC and will be up against Kevin Plumb, the Premier League’s general counsel, and his Blackstone Chambers colleague Adam Lewis KC.

While he is unlikely to be working full-time on City’s case, given the complexity and lengthy timescale, Lord Pannick KC will command huge remuneration when the case is near court. While working on Privatbank litigation court documents showed that he charged £3,000 per hour, along with an £800,000 brief fee.

The hearing is scheduled for Autumn 2024 and the final decision for Summer 2025. City's likely legal cost could be in the region of £50m or more if it's delayed until Autumn 2025, longer if appealed. If City are exonerated, does the PL pay City's legal fees ? Who pays the fees of Murray Rosen KC and the Adjudication Panel ?

If the PL survives the Regulator, can it afford to pay all these legal costs ? A huge gamble.

City’s legal team are headed by Lord David Pannick KC of Blackstone Chambers who will work with Monckton Chambers’ Paul Harris KC and will be up against Kevin Plumb, the Premier League’s general counsel, and his Blackstone Chambers colleague Adam Lewis KC.

While he is unlikely to be working full-time on City’s case, given the complexity and lengthy timescale, Lord Pannick KC will command huge remuneration when the case is near court. While working on Privatbank litigation court documents showed that he charged £3,000 per hour, along with an £800,000 brief fee.

The hearing is scheduled for Autumn 2024 and the final decision for Summer 2025. City's likely legal cost could be in the region of £50m or more if it's delayed until Autumn 2025, longer if appealed. If City are exonerated, does the PL pay City's legal fees ? Who pays the fees of Murray Rosen KC and the Adjudication Panel ?

If the PL survives the Regulator, can it afford to pay all these legal costs ? A huge gamble.
We'll be in the super league by then, Premier league can fuck themselves and congratulate Wolves or Fulham winning the league.

Plus surely that have legal requirement to report
There's no legal requirement, only a moral one to help protect society.

However, with our case being so open, I'd assume the SFO, FCA & HMRC would stick their beaks in if something contrary to UK Law was being alleged.

This is the legal equivalent of your private members club threatening to fine & ban you because you didn't wash your tea mug after use.

It maybe against the private members club rules, but it doesn't contravene UK Law. This is where it'll get messy for UEFA & the PL if ever challenged in court.

There's no legal requirement, only a moral one to help protect society.

However, with our case being so open, I'd assume the SFO, FCA & HMRC would stick their beaks in if something contrary to UK Law was being alleged.

This is the legal equivalent of your private members club threatening to fine & ban you because you didn't wash your tea mug after use.

It maybe against the private members club rules, but it doesn't contravene UK Law. This is where it'll get messy for UEFA & the PL if ever challenged in court.

Surely what they are alleging does contravene uk law though if our submitted accounts are intentionally misleading/deceptive?

Wouldn’t the comparison be the private members club believes you’ve been getting pissed in the bar area every night then driving home?

Surely what they are alleging does contravene uk law though if our submitted accounts are intentionally misleading/deceptive?

Wouldn’t the comparison be the private members club believes you’ve been getting pissed in the bar area every night then driving home?
Not from my understanding. EG:

I do some work for you & send an invoice with my bank details. The invoice is paid in full, & the contract is considered completed in full.

Now if it turns out you got your rich Gran to pay the invoice for you, that's got nothing to do with me. I just want to get paid.

Drunk driving is illegal, but there's nothing in UK Law which states a family member can't pay a bill for you, but evidently UEFA & the PL created a private members club rule that they can't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.