PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Maybe the charges announced in such a number and coming from the entire EPL was really a sham to get each club's administrators to go back years through their own books to see if some discrepancy could be found which links each one of them to some dealing with City.
Anything found might be harmless and innocent but in knowing that every other club is looking at their finances might lead to closer inspection in the hope that some discrepancy can be found.
One club doing it my lead to something trivial but if all clubs did it then they could try to make out that we were transgressing on an industrial scale.
I've seen some paranoid nonsense on here but that's right up there :{

Try not to overthink it mate. FFP is as blatantly bent as that. It was created merely to stop City, & any future City's from challenging the European elite.

What illustrates this even more is if I wanted to refurbish my business premises, & send all the staff out for training & take on a plethora of Apprentices, it's perfectly fine to use my rich Gran's money.

However, if I wanted to entice top industry professionals to work for my business, but use my rich Gran's money to do it, that's considered against the industry rules. Why? Because the industry's ruling body doesn't think it fair I should be able to challenge the elite, because I've got a minted Gran. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

In the real world, if I had a rich Gran willing to bankroll me, that just my good fortune, but in European football they want to bring back capital punishment for breaking their private members club rules. \0/
I hope this rich gran of yours is staying away from Birmingham, I hear Shrek is downing his sorrows a lot post defeat.

City’s legal team are headed by Lord David Pannick KC of Blackstone Chambers who will work with Monckton Chambers’ Paul Harris KC and will be up against Kevin Plumb, the Premier League’s general counsel, and his Blackstone Chambers colleague Adam Lewis KC.

While he is unlikely to be working full-time on City’s case, given the complexity and lengthy timescale, Lord Pannick KC will command huge remuneration when the case is near court. While working on Privatbank litigation court documents showed that he charged £3,000 per hour, along with an £800,000 brief fee.

The hearing is scheduled for Autumn 2024 and the final decision for Summer 2025. City's likely legal cost could be in the region of £50m or more if it's delayed until Autumn 2025, longer if appealed. If City are exonerated, does the PL pay City's legal fees ? Who pays the fees of Murray Rosen KC and the Adjudication Panel ?

If the PL survives the Regulator, can it afford to pay all these legal costs ? A huge gamble.
£800,000 brief fee! That did make me laugh! £800k!

Sounds about right btw!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.