PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

An interesting take that I agree with to a large extent. In any case, if exonerated it's not really in our interests to "bankrupt the PL" but I would add that if we were in possession of evidence pointing to collusion between various clubs - and Khaldoon and Pep have implied something along those lines - in an attempt to destroy us simply because they don't like the fact that we're so successful, AND those clubs knew there was no discernible proof of wrongdoing on our part then I believe we would have a genuine case to take action against those clubs. I wouldn't like to speculate on the figures involved and I know it's America rather than the UK but I can see possible parallels with the Dominion/FOX case where FOX smeared Dominion's name based on innuendo and nothing else. Of course it could be argued that it might not be in our interests to do that either as taking our competitors down a peg or three could lead to the title battle being a one-horse race for many years to come, but on the flip side if we were to just let it slide it might empower them to try and have another go at bringing us down.
I like the idea of this

Imagine if it was a one horse race and we had over 20 titles, more than anyone else.

Now i am 53 so i could look to retire on that note

I can't enlighten you as such, other than to state that what you were told sounds like one of the biggest piles of steaming shite I've ever heard in my life.
he said that the accounting for Everton and City jad the same law fitm and acounting firm I just dont understand where he heard that, Liverpool fan by the way , Lawer and Liverpool fan not the best combo

I have a slightly different take on this, I have no doubt that we have sailed very close to the wind with the regulations in place. I suspect this is common place throughout the league and business in general, I believe they have evidence that they believe may breach some of the regulations however how strong the evidence is only time will tell.

But I suspect the PL are also sick to death of the usual suspects kicking up a stink and so are quite happy to bring all these charges on us knowing that they will either stumble across something unexpected that they can pin their hat on or, that if we come out on top they can put the whole issue to bed and tell the moaning cunts that they have exhausted all options.

I think there are two possible plausible explanations for the PL's silence since announcing the charges.

The first is that they saw the leaks coming out of UEFA prior to CAS, they saw the way that we responded to that and they are determined either to act fairly or not make the same mistakes UEFA made (depending on your perspective).

The second is that they have not leaked any evidence because there is nothing to leak.

To my mind, this second is by some distance the more probable of the two. When you think back to the announcement of the charges, IIRC the media knew before the club did that we were being charged. We all heard the rumours - substantially true - about the punishment being visited on Everton before the independent panel revealed its findings. An organisation that leaky does not, in my view, tighten up its ship overnight. You can imagine that the source of that type of confidential information is not breaching that duty of confidence just for shits and giggles or from the goodness of their heart, but is being rewarded in some way or another for putting their position at risk in that way. So if there was some reward on offer for the mere fact that charges were imminent, imagine what would be on offer for evidence demonstrating City's guilt.

Those who have expressed an opinion based on some knowledge and professional experience have pretty unanimously expressed the view that bearing in mind the severity of the charges brought, making them stick would require significantly more evidence, and much more cogent evidence, than is in the public domain at the moment. It is certainly possible that there is substantial evidence amassed against us, which we are yet to hear of because the PL have kept a lid on it. It seems unlikely to me that this is the case. If there truly was a smoking gun, my feeling is that someone would have leaked it.

While that is not something I read into from the pack of leaks myself, I fully agree that your opinion is based on entirely reasonable logic. And that's all that you can ask for sometimes.

I would say, any leaks previously from the PL have been much closer to an official verdict/announcement. And weren't even always right, so possibly some guesswork involved by the media. I don't really remember leaks through the process or well ahead of conclusions. But it is not entirely relevant to your point.

Of course there is evidence just like at CAS the said evidence will be examined and cross examined, then a verdict

I was on jury service we sat and listened to the evidence, the difference between that presented by CPS and the defence was staggering. The CPS evidence, and their witnesses, did not stand up to cross examination and frankly the CPS were an embarrassment truly unbelievable that they even presented it

So, evidence yes, does it have any substance or value is the question

Pretty much the point being made here.

can anyone enlightened me, a lawyer told me that the same law firm and account people worked for City and Everton is that true ?
Both clubs use BDO as Auditor but they’re one of the Big 4 and obviously it’s different actual auditors.

Everton and City both use Blackstone Chambers, as do the PL as they’re the go to chambers for sports law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.