PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Do you know of any more evidence?

Or are you basing it on they must have something, therefore we must have done something.
Of course nobody on this forum knows what ‘evidence’ the PL intends to put forward.

Whilst it’s absolutely not impossible, I would guess that some people just don’t see some of the countries top minds going through several years of investigation, 2 arbitrations, 2 court cases just to re litigate the Der Speigel leaks once again. But of course it’s possible, humans are a curious species.

I think we need to step back and consider other elements in "the process" which we haven't perhaps given due wight to. There is a danger that we see the personalities involved as master conspirators as opposed to pygmies involved with matters of a scale which is beyond them. Firstly I'm thinking of UEFA's Adjudicatory Chamber. As a whole we are sure that they were not sympathetic to City whatever the case or whatever the evidence/grounds. David Conn assured us that City underestimated the great respect the English football "community" had for UEFA and he went further to tell us that Guy Leterme (the chairman [?] of the AC) was one of the most respected of Belgian prime ministers). In fact Leterme had outraged Belgian public opinion by claiming that Belgian Dutch speakers only spoke Dutch because they were too stupid to speak French. Twice PM, twice he lost motions of confidence and was forced to resign. He gave the impression of being a hothead who had difficulty in controlling his tongue and not acting before thinking. Hence, when City complained about leaks from UEFA Leterme and his much respected AC responded with a furious denial, a two year ban etc. Strong echoes here of the sense of entitlement and self-importance that led them to tell the EJY that the Bosman case was for UEFA to deal with and football contracts were no concern of the courts - another strong case put forward by the football authorities?!

In the event CAS opined (by 2-1) that there was no evidence to support any of the charges brought against City, but the PL's reaction was that their investigation would continue! Sense of entitlement? Klopp and Mourinho were wheeled out to tell us what a bad day for football and what a disgraceful ruling it all was. We suspect, to the point of certainty, the source of the UEFA leaks and the clubs they represented and we are told that it was Levy, a representative of yet another cartel club, who pushed the PL into reviving it's flagging investigation. Enter to 115 charges.

It seems that these charges cover much the same ground covered at CAS and this raises the question of what evidence the PL has and where has it come from. I can't rule out completely any new evidence but I'll have to see it to believe it because the possibility seems remote. And there is influence at work here. I've been watching football since 1955 and in that time The football authorities, English or European, have been to court several times and I don't think they've won one single case. In fact they've set an example of consistency in fighting lost causes in court. I cannot rule out the stupidity of those running football as a factor in all this. More than that the example seems to be one of monumental arrogance - that what happens in football is their concern only and no-one else's: and the courts have reminded them in no uncertain times that this is not the case. I think this time, yet again , that the independent commission will be under no illusion that cases require evidence and that the burden of proof is not light. There is, after all, the brooding presence of the independent regulator in the background but watching carefully.

Both clubs use BDO as Auditor but they’re one of the Big 4 and obviously it’s different actual auditors.

Everton and City both use Blackstone Chambers, as do the PL as they’re the go to chambers for sports law.

Not quite, but they are number 5.

can anyone enlightened me, a lawyer told me that the same law firm and account people worked for City and Everton is that true ?
from their latest accounts available
Independent Auditor
Crowe U.K. LLP
Black Country House
Rounds Green Road
Oldbury
West Midlands
B69 2DG

Previously it was BDO same as City

Everton denied that BDO were leaving

“Your assertions [about BDO] are based on nothing more than them refusing to discuss a client matter with a third-party journalist. In line with company best practice we do follow audit rotation. However BDO remain our auditors and have not resigned.”

Both clubs use BDO as Auditor but they’re one of the Big 4 and obviously it’s different actual auditors.

Everton and City both use Blackstone Chambers, as do the PL as they’re the go to chambers for sports law.
See my post above BDO got out of the Everton gig and were replaced by Crowe

Of course nobody on this forum knows what ‘evidence’ the PL intends to put forward.

Whilst it’s absolutely not impossible, I would guess that some people just don’t see some of the countries top minds going through several years of investigation, 2 arbitrations, 2 court cases just to re litigate the Der Speigel leaks once again. But of course it’s possible, humans are a curious species.

I struggle to understand why…..

I see top lawyers & politicians lie every day without a care in the world. Absolute bare faced lies & attacks & yet we expect people to stand by the values that we live by.

he said that the accounting for Everton and City jad the same law fitm and acounting firm I just dont understand where he heard that, Liverpool fan by the way , Lawer and Liverpool fan not the best combo
We don't have the same auditors but we do have the same lawyers, Dodd, Gee, Kuntz and Co.

This is a legal gravy train, surely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.