PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Asahi Super Dry was launched in 1987, I was in Japan then and recall the advertising promotions...
The clothing company was around 2000, non?

That’s not how it works. Trademarks are limited to the area you operate in.

So I could open up a company called SuperDry that makes cat litter and neither would be able to sue me because their protections are limited to fashion and brewing/drinks respectively.

The reason they’re taking action against City is because they think the club is selling clothing with SuperDry on and the clothing company’s trademark is in that category.

Even if they win the consequences would likely be just be that us fans get to buy training kit etc without the sponsor. The players would still wear the Asahi sponsored kit.

Last edited:
Asahi Super Dry was launched in 1987, I was in Japan then and recall the advertising promotions...
The clothing company was around 2000, non?
The irony is superdry are inspired by Japanese culture and as you say ‘asahi super dry’ have been around a lot longer worldwide ….

That’s not how it works. Trademarks are limited to the area you operate in.

So I could open up a company called SuperDry that makes cat litter and neither would be able to sue me because their protections are limited to fashion and brewing/drinks respectively.

The reason they’re taking action against City is because they think the club is selling clothing with SuperDry on and the clothing company’s trademark is in that category.

Even if they win the consequences would likely be just be that us fans get to buy training kit etc without the sponsor. The players would still wear the Asahi sponsored kit.

Here's an idea. We should all put a fiver in and start a clothing brand called "Standard Chartered" and then sue the fuck out of Liverpool.

An obvious conflict of interest if true.
It is only a conflict if there are two clients with differing objectives or desires. In this case the EPL and the victims want exactly the same thing, City‘s dominance stopped, so there is no conflict.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.