PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I've not made many comments regarding this particular issue, as i haven't got the knowledge to back this up. But I’ve just come back from the pub, the conversations have been heated. So obviously I’m going to join in.

I’ve read here some opinions that are in the camp of we’re going to win, and the premier league and the entire establishment are going to be in the “mud”. And then today, as I was discussing with my mates I remembered one of the most recent parallels i can think of to better describe where we‘ll probably end up at the end of this mess.

The reality of the situation is that this is a sensitive issue, for both the club and the league. Both stand to lose. Both will lose in my humble experience. I’ve been watching sports all my life, and as a result been witness to some of the greatest scandals ever known. It never ends the best, in cases like this for all parties involved.

The parallel I’ll pull up is actually from Formula 1.

Following the 2018 season, Ferrari losing yet another title to Mercedes, they ( the red boys ) announced their challenger the SF90, to be the next big thing. A very slippery thing ( in F1 aero terms, this meant geared towards straight line speed rather than cornering ) ugly looking, quite bulky for Ferrari‘s standard. The ending of the previous season ( 2018 ) left a lot of people in the sport quite sour, especially towards Ferrari as people within the paddock started to wonder how their engine gains started to leap to massive extents, not in line with the marginal gains expected so late in the regulation. Nikki Lauda is famous for having a Drogba “It’s a fucking disgrace“ moment during the back end of that year.

Fast forward to the beginning of the season, not much happened, Ferrari retained their amazing speed, and engine superiority, much to everyone’s shock really. But due to their own blunders, Mercedes won i believe up to 7-10 races in a row, effectively killing the season before the summer break, rendering a lot of development useless and a lot of fans quite bored.

Once Ferrari returned from the summer break, their car got the name in the forums/reddit/twitter world as the Apollo 11. When i tell you guys, this car was blistering fast. That engine went from already insane to, running from angry scousers after calling them inbred fast ( For any F1 fans, you couldn’t pass them with the DRS open behind and they would pull from you, or they pulled 8 tenths on Eau Rouge alone on Mercedes which was unheard of and impossible in three weeks of summer development) . Everyone started to believe something was amiss, so, Mercedes went to RedBull, told them what they thought, and then RedBull went to the FIA and said, “ Hey guys, we found a method to cheat your fuel flow monitoring system by installing a “Little” electrical impulse device to cheat your sensor into thinking its working right. Basically pumping more fuel in the engine than allowed without anyone knowing.

And as expected the whole scene exploded. Come the end of the season, everyone wanted Ferrari disqualified, humiliated, and punished. The funny thing however, FIA and Ferrari came to an NDA, and ( under the table forced Ferrari to rebuild their entire engine 3 months before the season started which killed their next two years in my opinion)

Ferrari never actually cheated. The regulations, never banned such device. Grey area, yeah, but not against the rules. The FIA had the engines from Ferrari to study for months, but the rules were so complicated they couldn‘t find the problem looking at it for years. They didn’t find the device, although since the discovery Ferrari lost their speed for the remaining races. Everyone free to conclude themselves. ( They kept, points, money, race wins and so on )

The parallels i see here are massive. We are Ferrari, the PL UEFA is the FIA.

FFP ( regulations ) is a mess, but every clever club operates in grey areas, not illegal to the rule, if the rule doesn’t exist.

We haven’t actually cheated, everyone thinks we did, I believe because the way FFP was set all clubs have to operate in murky waters. The PL and City more than likely will have to come to a solution to satisfy the pitchforks, keep the sponsors intact, the fans somewhat calm and the competition viable. I believe the sacrifice of one season ( Transfer Ban for example for not cooperating ) ,an NDA, underhand deals, and a fine to match our biggest war chest will be the solution here.

This is a conflict where both have lost already. I also believe that‘s why there is silence, because they literally are trying to find the best way out for everyone.

Last edited:
I've not made many comments regarding this particular issue, as i haven't got the knowledge to back this up. But I’ve just come back from the pub, the conversations have been heated. So obviously I’m going to join in.

I’ve read here some opinions that are in the camp of we’re going to win, and the premier league and the entire establishment are going to be in the “mud”. And then today, as I was discussing with my mates I remembered one of the most recent parallels i can think of to better describe where we‘ll probably end up at the end of this mess.

The reality of the situation is that this is a sensitive issue, for both the club and the league. Both stand to lose. Both will lose in my humble experience. I’ve been watching sports all my life, and as a result been witness to some of the greatest scandals ever known. It never ends the best, in cases like this for all parties involved.

Following the 2018 season, Ferrari losing yet another title to Mercedes, they ( the red boys ) announced their challenger the SF90, to be the next big thing. A very slippery thing ( in F1 aero terms, this meant geared towards straight line speed rather than cornering ) ugly looking, quite bulky for Ferrari‘s standard. The ending of the previous season ( 2018 ) left a lot of people in the sport quite sour, especially towards Ferrari as people within the paddock started to wonder how their engine gains started to leap to massive extents, not in line with the marginal gains expected so late in the regulation. Nikki Lauda is famous for having a Drogba “It’s a fucking disgrace“ moment during the back end of that year.

Fast forward to the beginning of the season, not much happened, Ferrari retained their amazing speed, and engine superiority, much to everyone’s shock really. But due to their own blunders, Mercedes won i believe up to 7-10 races in a row, effectively killing the season before the summer break, rendering a lot of development useless and a lot of fans quite bored.

Once Ferrari returned from the summer break, their car got the name in the forums/reddit/twitter world as the Apollo 11. When i tell you guys, this car was blistering fast. That engine went from already insane to, running from angry scousers after calling them inbred fast ( For any F1 fans, you couldn’t pass them with the DRS open behind and they would pull from you, or they pulled 8 tenths on Eau Rouge alone on Mercedes which was unheard of and impossible in three weeks of summer development) . Everyone started to believe something was amiss, so, Mercedes went to RedBull, told them what they thought, and then RedBull went to the FIA and said, “ Hey guys, we found a method to cheat your fuel flow monitoring system by installing a “Little” electrical impulse device to cheat your sensor into thinking it’s working right. Basically pumping more fuel in the engine than allowed without anyone knowing.

And as expected the whole scene exploded. Come the end of the season, everyone wanted Ferrari disqualified, humiliated, and punished. The funny thing however, FIA and Ferrari came to an NDA, and ( under the table forced Ferrari to rebuild their entire engine 3 months before the season started which killed their next two years in my opinion)

Ferrari never actually cheated. The regulations, never banned such device. Grey area, yeah, but not against the rules. The FIA had the engines from Ferrari to study for months, but the rules were so complicated they couldn‘t find the problem looking at it for years. They didn’t find the device, although since the discovery Ferrari lost their speed for the remaining races. Everyone free to conclude themselves. ( They kept, points, money, race wins and so on )

FFP ( regulations ) is a mess, but every clever club operates in grey areas, not illegal to the rule, if the rule doesn’t exist.

We haven’t actually cheated, everyone thinks we did, I believe because the way FFP was set all clubs have to operate in murky waters. The PL and City more than likely will have to come to a solution to satisfy the pitchforks, keep the sponsors intact, the fans somewhat calm and the competition viable. I believe the sacrifice of one season ( Transfer Ban for example for not cooperating ) ,an NDA, underhand deals, and a fine to match our biggest war chest will be the solution here.

This is a conflict where both have lost already. I also believe that‘s why there is silence, because they literally are trying to find the best way out for everyone.
"But I’ve just come back from the pub". Say No More.....

"But I’ve just come back from the pub". Say No More.....
It’s a good comparison, if you’re more into the F1 side of things. How big teams and the sporting regulators work around overly complicated regulations to effectively protect both the competition and the establishment.

Once Ferrari returned from the summer break, their car got the name in the forums/reddit/twitter world as the Apollo 11. When i tell you guys, this car was blistering fast. That engine went from already insane to, running from angry scousers after calling them inbred fast ( For any F1 fans, you couldn’t pass them with the DRS open behind and they would pull from you, or they pulled 8 tenths on Eau Rouge alone on Mercedes which was unheard of and impossible in three weeks of summer development) . Everyone started to believe something was amiss, so, Mercedes went to RedBull, told them what they thought, and then RedBull went to the FIA and said, “ Hey guys, we found a method to cheat your fuel flow monitoring system by installing a “Little” electrical impulse device to cheat your sensor into thinking its working right. Basically pumping more fuel in the engine than allowed without anyone knowing.

Just imagine if we were winners.

Firstly we didn’t cheat at all
Secondly We won’t take any pinch
Ferrari were caught red-handed, where it matters, in a sporting sense we haven’t even been accused of cheating in a sporting sense or even cheating
The accusations are in regards to breaking financial rules 2009 / 2018
I don’t think you comparison is want near

Firstly we didn’t cheat at all
Secondly We won’t take any pinch
Ferrari were caught red-handed, where it matters, in a sporting sense we haven’t even been accused of cheating in a sporting sense or even cheating
The accusations are in regards to breaking financial rules 2009 / 2018
I don’t think you comparison is want near
I said the same. I don’t think we did.

I think we were and are clever, a lot more than the red cartel. We are working in a different league, game and level. Outside of their dogmatic view and application. It’s why we were/are so successful in a relatively short time. And remain the only club as such in world football and history of recent clubs that have been taken over, to achieve what we did.

Now, if the PL see our operations and considers them murky or grey, that’s another matter entirely.

Ferrari cheated in the court of public opinion. To this day, nothing got proven. I believe they were cheeky. But in a legal sense, no one did, and has managed, or will manage to prove it.

If you live your life thinking winning is done by only the absolute fair, then, I have another thing for you coming, my friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.