PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

So let me get this right the premier league will charge Everton and forest yet come August these regulations will no longer be in place .WTF or have I picked that up wrong..

You can see the rules are going to be changed to the UEFA one by looking at the scum who have dropped the wage bill by around 60m annually! Uefa PSR are your wage bill should be 90% of turnover 1st year 2nd year 80% 3rd year 70% and shows how corrupt the premier is by changing it in halfway through this season while going after clubs now with different rules!

I was having a conversation with a Chelsea fan who had the same opinion. I disagree & think he’s shit, he’s very busy but lacks vision & quality you’d expect.

I’m not really a fan either, but based on their games that I have watched, he has been better than Fernandez and Caicedo.

I’m not really a fan either, but based on their games that I have watched, he has been better than Fernandez and Caicedo.

My Chelsea mate says the same.

I’d imagine Chelsea have overpaid cos there’s no way Gallacher is worth more than £30m in my opinion.

When we were first taken over I read an article by a Canadian journalist that talked about the issue of modernisation in the Middle East and the push back from the religious right over there.
The article was mostly about Formula 1, as I think it was around that time that they had the first Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, but City were mentioned in passing as part of the various international sports that were being invested in by Middle Eastern owners.
The gist of the article was saying the reason that there was more and more investment in things like sport and entertainment was partly to promote the region to the wider world but mostly to allow the population of these countries to have some access and view into the wider world.
It talked about how most of the leaders of these countries were western educated and they could see that the particular brand of religious extremism popular in that part of the world isn't going to allow them to become a tourist destination easily and would eventually hold them back in their financial diversification efforts.
The trouble they have is that the Imam's still have lots of power and cultural sway over the populace but if it becomes easier for people to see and meet other cultures from around the world then that would erode the power that the religious leaders have, kind of in the same way that the most racist people you meet live in areas with very few non-white people, it's easy to vilify and be scared of what you don't know or understand.
I've no idea how it's working out for them or even how true it is but it seems to link in with what you have said about Saudi Arabia. It was certainly more interesting and nuanced than the various articles about sportswashing or whatever else the UK press were screeching about at the time.
A top post, hitting the nail on the head.

I too became aware of Middle Eastern politics regarding the UAE post takeover, but not so much Saudi Arabia until relatively recently.

The Newcastle v City match was probably one of the most watched across the region, because of the investment rivalry between the UAE & Saudi Arabia. You could see what City being crowned World Champions in Saudu Arabia meant to Khaldoon. I've never seen him so animated!

As you say, there's an ongoing raging battle between the fundamentalist old men with beards supported by Iran, & younger modernist leaders who've come to realise their countries will be returned to being backward 18th Century deserts, unless they're opened up to the West & can attract inward investment for a life after oil.

It's a delicate balancing act as you can see with the escalating conflict in the region. After the Kashoggi events & the 81 public choppings, I thought Saudi's defacto leader Mohammed Bin Salman (MBS) was merely a brutal, bloodthirsty thug, but after it was pointed out that 65% of those unalived by MBS were religious extremists, chopped up for political dissent over his reforms, it put a different perspective on events.

Until you delve into the complex geo-politics of the region, it's hard to get a grip on why things are as they are, why Abu Dhabi, Qatar & Saudi Arabia are so desperate to diversify, & the cultural grief it's causing amongst the CONservative religious elite who're trying to stop the erosion of their power & maintain strict Sharia Law across the region.

The struggle for power between the House of Saud & the ultra religious Wahhabi's, threatens to explode without warning, hence MBS liberally chopping up anyone who gets in the way of his reforms before their influence passes a tipping point & becomes an obstacle to social/political modernisation & religious tolerance again.

Are Amnesty International correct about the brutal regime of MBS, or are his acts necessary to ensure his country can prosper after their oil revenues dry up?

This video sheds light on the complexities of the region, & highlights the different approach by the UAE, & Saudi Arabia especially who're surrounded by mortal enemies backed by Iran.

Last edited:
You can see the rules are going to be changed to the UEFA one by looking at the scum who have dropped the wage bill by around 60m annually! Uefa PSR are your wage bill should be 90% of turnover 1st year 2nd year 80% 3rd year 70% and shows how corrupt the premier is by changing it in halfway through this season while going after clubs now with different rules!
Do you not think Gill will of tipped them off of future rules so ahead of the curve

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.