PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The financial implications are huge for the PL if they lose. The legal costs alone will run into upper tens of millions. They are simultaneously fighting legal battles with City, Everton, Forest and soon Chelsea. From a logisitical point of view this is a nightmare for officials at the PL. There are many millions of documents involved in the City case alone. They have less than 200 employees on their staff.
This is a huge reputational risk for all senior people at the PL, all their Board Directors, all their partners and sponsors. Masters has no significant experience of working at this level in this sort of geopolitical environment. This is the biggest shit-show English football has ever seen...and it's all self-inflicted.
Legal costs likely covered by city's non-cooperation fine I'm guessing

Without going back through nearly 4000 pages, if the PL FFP didn't come in til 2011/12 why are we being charged with alleged events from 2009?
Sorry if its been asked and debated before, but I just dont understand.

CTID
The 2009-12 issues are not really FFP-related, they mostly seem to be allegations about the validity of the accounts - especially the exact source of some sponsorship money, implying disguised owner investment by Sheikh Mansour - plus Mancini's "second contract".

Just shows how out of his depth Jordan is with his snidey interventions, I’d love Stefan to go up against him without White doing the “oh I don’t know anything bit” disingenuous wanker.

How can someone who pissed away a £50m fortune on a Football Club be allowed to proffer his views on our finances? Ok, he made a fortune on Mobile Phones then promptly pissed it away and now has to earn a crust on the shitiest of Radio Stations. His hatred of City seems worse than it was the last time I tuned in nearly 2 years ago.

Steady on, the Rags were fuck all as a team in the 70's and 80's despite the media and no nowt fans believing they have been one of the best 2 teams, forever.

The other being the Dippers!
They were in the eyes of the media. We have never had any fucking recognition. They fart and its the best shitstain since Bobby Charlton

So he’s accusing City’s auditors of colluding like Arthur Anderson ?
One of my Blue mates was an Accountant at Anderson’s in Manchester, on the same street as the Little Yang Sing, (Charlotte street?).

He earned decent money but he told us the salaries of the Partners, it was eye watering amounts going back to that time, £150k plus big bonuses whereas he was on about £40k.

They all knew what was coming and my mate jumped ship with a decent payoff before the scandal broke and set up on his own, he actually took some of his clients with him and is still working at the age of 65, daft FOC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.