PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

He simply has to be unwell Harris to have this fixation on us. Now even going to the extremes of "I want disgruntled ex city employees to get in touch with stories of malpractices and cover ups'....24 hours a fuckin day we are in his head.

We all know he's never off this forum too, So Harris I just want to call you a **** while you're reading this.
Harris the dick & Awful the Duck
B45DB853-FDA9-45F8-A2BB-A20C0F261161.jpeg

Last edited:
The problem with speculation about potential punishment is that there is nothing in the PL Handbook about the scale or severity of sanctions. UEFA published a clear tariff of penalties for failing FFP, dependent on the seriousness of the breach and whether it was a first or repeat offenc, so we can safely talk about the scale of any punishment in that situation. Everton may try to use that as part of their appeal.

But the PL doesn't, so in my opinion it's unhelpful to speculate, using words like 'relegation'. And, being pedantic, the PL can't relegate us, as they don't control the lower leagues. As with Bury and the EFL, they could potentially expel us and we'd have to apply to the EFL.

I know it's easy to be wise when you're not the one in front of the camera or microphone but I think my answer to the "What will happen if they're found guilty" question would have been something like "We just don't know. It will totally depend on whether we're found to have breached any of the specified rules in any of the specified years. There are no indicators as to potential sanctions in the PL's rules but, at the very, very worst, there's the possibility we could be expelled from the PL. But that would involve quite an egregious breach of those rules and I don't see that scenario as a likely outcome. Even in (in my view) the unlikely event that we are found to have committed a minor breach, the punishment should be proportionate".
You still can’t win with that though. Talksport would simply run a headline stating City to “….be expelled from PL.” They would just misrepresent what you say above, in exactly the same way as using the word relegation. I thought #Projectriver was brilliant yesterday.

Probably been suggested before, but here goes......

American owners get fed up with no longer having guaranteed cl money and/or no guaranteed trophy success allowing them to stay in front AND cream their annual dividends off their red shirted clubs.

Decide that damaging Citys reputation and making us public enemy no 1 along with using their influence on uefa to ban us is the way to go. That fails with our clearance at cas, and suspiciously nobody in the media has the balls to revisit the circumstances of the attempted ban and those behind it.

We still win on the pitch and are now the best run club in the world, but are still the ruiners of football according to the media controlled by the red tops.

American owners try for a superleague to regain their superiority, and that fails.

They try to sell their clubs as they cant now have their cake and eat it.

As a last resort they collude to bring in a lapdog to head the pl investigation based on already dealt with issues but announce dramatically "115 charges" and employ their media shills to go to town on our guilt to further tarnish our clubs reputation.

Meanwhile, and as is now becoming more apparent, they dont have much chance of making the fraud accusations stick, but by their actions they have already made us guilty by the court of public opinion.

Thus when we are cleared of these "charges" it will open up another shot at a superleague, but this time on the back of our getting away with "cheating" and the plk not strong enough etc. So potentially a lot more public blessing than the last attempt because of our "getting away with it".

Could end up a lose/lose for us depending on verdict and ensuing fallout and how much of the above is true.

However, the above is from the red clubs perspective and I have the utmost faith in our owners and staff to sort the best possible outcome.

I am probably just paranoid based on typical City and reading this thread too much and not trusting our enemies one inch.

Either way we are literally the best team ever and thats not an exaggeration and they dont like it.
Nailed it!

And yet he still wants us to be found guilty
He’s a fan of a club who our main rivals on the pitch so I wouldn’t expect him to want us to be found not guilty ;)
I don’t have an issue with that. If United or Liverpool were being accused of this, I doubt there’s a single City fan who wouldn’t want them to be found guilty. I’d like to think, however, that many of us would not go around assuming they were guilty before a verdict was reached. To his credit, that poster is not assuming our guilt which makes a refreshing change for that forum!

The only idiots believing that are the rawk dwelling types.
The dippers do seem to be the ones most foaming from every orifice, thinking we're going to end up in the National league. If and when we're found innocent there's going to be mass hysteria in Norway, Ireland, London and a little bit of Liverpool. We should organise a mass firework let off at 1.15 the morning following the Cartels case collapsing.

If found guilty what will this mean for the sheik, and everyone associated with City, the embarrassment to Abu-Dhabi all the money invested into different projects in this Country.

Isn’t that basically what Stefan said?
I'm going to listen to it shortly. Stefan is more than savvy enough to provide the context to his remarks but I also know from personal experience that the media will twist anything you say, regardless of how much context you've given, if they can make a sensational headline out of it.

I thought I was being clever when, talking to Peter Spencer, I used the phrase "I refuse to confirm or deny...". The next day's headline was "Supporter spokesperson refuses to deny...".

Stefan and me are both firmly of the opinion that there is little mileage in these charges. So I know where he stands.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.