PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I wonder if the Premier League regret the way they've handled this. They're getting more criticism now from fans and the media than they were before the charges were announced. They've taken on a case they cannot win, and are doing immense damage to their own brand in the process. It's been pretty disastrous already for them.

The damage is immeasurable. If you were a big corporate you’d think twice about a high profile sponsorship deal with a PL team if you see Etihad et al getting implicated in corruption allegations and potentially having to prove to a PL panel that they haven’t been complicit in City (and by implication them too) committing very serious financial fraud.

The damage is immeasurable. If you were a big corporate you’d think twice about a high profile sponsorship deal with a PL team if you see Etihad et al getting implicated in corruption allegations and potentially having to prove to a PL panel that they haven’t been complicit in City (and by implication them too) committing very serious financial fraud.

How damaging has it been to Etihad? They have posted record profits in 2023. A few year back they were making huge losses, since their sponsorship of the club you’d have to have been living under a rock to know that Etihad is a major airline based in the United Arab Emirates. The exposure they have got good bad or indifferent has made average Joe aware of what they do as a company.

They have mishandled it from the start, imo. They should have waited for the CAS verdict before they started their investigation and then only looked at things not covered by CAS. Weak Masters.

Once they started looking at everything, they had to finish it. I say again, the club has handled this perfectly.

And a perfect summary. I know for a fact, they only rushed in because the media were on the phone to the Premier League as soon as Uefa chamber found us guilty.

Act in haste...

They have mishandled it from the start, imo. They should have waited for the CAS verdict before they started their investigation and then only looked at things not covered by CAS. Weak Masters.

Once they started looking at everything, they had to finish it. I say again, the club has handled this perfectly.
I wonder what would have happened had the judge not made the findings public, which neither the premier league or City wanted.

I do have some sympathy with him as it must of been devastating losing his wife to cancer.

However he seems to have channeled all his grief and anger into an all-out attack on us and trying to make people believe his conspiracy theories.

For the sake of his own health he clearly needs help

Some people are just cunts with or without bereavement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.