PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I wonder what would have happened had the judge not made the findings public, which neither the premier league or City wanted.

I doubt it would have made any difference. Once they started their investigation they had to carry it through to completion. Which is why, imho, they should have been more circumspect at the beginning of it.

The damage is immeasurable. If you were a big corporate you’d think twice about a high profile sponsorship deal with a PL team if you see Etihad et al getting implicated in corruption allegations and potentially having to prove to a PL panel that they haven’t been complicit in City (and by implication them too) committing very serious financial fraud.
So why have we increased revenues & Puma agreed to pay £65m a year for 10 years in 2019 ?

I doubt it would have made any difference. Once they started their investigation they had to carry it through to completion. Which is why, imho, they should have been more circumspect at the beginning of it.
It might have died a death especially as they'd jumped on the back of Uefa & after the CAS ruling, the PL seem to lack the fight.

The red tops and spuds consider themselves to be the brand, the others just necessary to make a league. They and Masters did not consider the long term implications for the Premier League of City fighting back. They thought with the shock value of 115 breaches/charges it would be slam dunk over. As time goes on we are seeing a change in attitude and I personally am waiting for a club owner or chairman to break ranks and call out the nonsense that the red tops and spuds have created by their pursuit of a closed shop to the detriment of the image of the Premier League.
I think Leicester winning the league, when it was rightfully Tottinghams title, sent Levy over the edge.

Remind me, where do Leicester ply their trade now?

It might have died a death especially as they'd jumped on the back of Uefa & after the CAS ruling, the PL seem to lack the fight.

Possibly, but, in addition to the professional requirement for investigations to be completed, I am reasonably sure the "sponsors" of this investigation want it pursued until the end, even if it is unfavourable.

Death by a thousand smears

Eventually City will be cleared of the major charges, but fined for non cooperation
However this will be communicated in such a disingenuous manner that our rivals will still be convinced that we've got away with it or did a deal etc

It doesn't particularly bother me, but this idea that City will be totally vindicated is a tad naive
I'm pretty sure, when the case is settled, that City's legal team will control the narrative in the judgement.

There's no way City would accept anything that continues to cast doubt, after suffering years of bad publicity and damage to the brand.

It's just not going to happen.

How the media spin it is a totally different discussion, but I firmly believe you will see multiple writs raining down on the gutter snipes who have had open season on us for decades. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel.

So according to the Caf it seems that our cheating wasnt known throughout the management team as they first believed, it now seems that the only people at City who know about are cheating are the people above Berrada. Quite convienent for them really.

I suppose that means just Mansour, Kaldoon and Txixi then.

Well at least we know who the PL are going after now, funny nobody was saying this yesterday.

So why have we increased revenues & Puma agreed to pay £65m a year for 10 years in 2019 ?

So you think James Hogan was made up that he had to appear before CAS to prove that he and Etihad were not crooks. I don’t think that’s a good look for football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.