PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The lack of information from city and the EPL as well as the curious “we can’t tell you the date yet” makes me think that the footballing authority are trying to sort out a face saving deal and we are playing hard ball. Interesting times ahead blues, it wouldn’t surprise me if there is suddenly an unexpected announcement.
I very much doubt it. We’ve journeyed way beyond that point. The outrage - manufactured or otherwise - from the public, the media, our rivals etc, would be absolutely biblical, and neither side would be able to pass it off as an acceptable outcome

Newcastle are now in the position where they have to grow 'organically'. In other words you will be kept at your level and the so called bigger clubs will be able to tap up your best players by offering them double the money that Newcastle could pay but aren't allowed to. We were so lucky to scrape past these disgusting anti competitive regulations. If nothing changes the big 6 will be set in stone.
We were really lucky, but ultimately we're now part of the problem.

If we really want other teams to be able to compete, then allowing them some spending leeway is part of the solution. The biggest part (and the safest for football), is to cut back the revenues of the biggest clubs.

That’s not what I was suggesting. I was suggesting a net spend limit over a 3 year period.
For example Chelsea would have blown their net spend budget during the last two transfer windows which would mean they would have to offload over the next two seasons to get back to a net spend of £500m.

We would be fine as our squad is worth more than we paid and we have academy graduates offsetting any transfers in.

A number of other teams in the league would also have some spending power left but scum utd would struggle so I guess it’s a no then.

Forget I even suggested it lol
I understood- I was suggesting that being able to spend £750m over three years is an insane amount of money, but it's also nowhere near enough.

I’m certainly not trying to belittle Lewis in any way and he has an excellent reputation as a sporting lawyer and importantly is the PL‘s KC of choice. Pannick is however arguably our Country’s leading advocate and as an aside who wouldn’t want to cross swords with him. Anybody who’s anybody in life enjoys taking on the best. That was the point I was trying to make in response to a poster who keeps banging on that Lewis would only take on winning positions…which is ridiculous.

Yes I agree on your last point. Just saying that the motivations will be purely it’s his client and he’ll be getting paid very handsomely too.

I very much doubt it. We’ve journeyed way beyond that point. The outrage - manufactured or otherwise - from the public, the media, our rivals etc, would be absolutely biblical, and neither side would be able to pass it off as an acceptable outcome
Why tho? If we “get off” the uproar will only last a few days until it will be decided that we bribed the league and still cheated. All titles are meaningless etc. So no change to now.

The league has dug a hole and if city have real evidence to prove no wrongdoing then what option do the league have? Anything published that does not prove the allegations will be a disaster as you pointed out. Face saving behind closed doors is right up their street.

Once City provide the evidence to the tribunal, I would hope the tribunal has the required professionalism to carry out the task. I cant see how but just maybe they will follow the evidence and reach the correct non bias independent ruling.

The league is in charge of this whole proceeding and I have no doubt they will find wiggly room to make sure they come out of it ok. After all they are judge,jury and executioner. Closed door decision with most damaging parts kept private.

What City want to achieve is unclear. Cant see us going nuclear but cant see us playing ball either. So behind closed doors makes sense to the club also. We want to be in the tent.

Jesus, they’re now discussing this meeting that all the clubs have had with the sports minister… Even Jordan is saying they need to find out if other clubs have had the same meeting.. It’s so desperate.

Why tho? If we “get off” the uproar will only last a few days until it will be decided that we bribed the league and still cheated. All titles are meaningless etc. So no change to now.

The league has dug a hole and if city have real evidence to prove no wrongdoing then what option do the league have? Anything published that does not prove the allegations will be a disaster as you pointed out. Face saving behind closed doors is right up their street.

Once City provide the evidence to the tribunal, I would hope the tribunal has the required professionalism to carry out the task. I cant see how but just maybe they will follow the evidence and reach the correct non bias independent ruling.

The league is in charge of this whole proceeding and I have no doubt they will find wiggly room to make sure they come out of it ok. After all they are judge,jury and executioner. Closed door decision with most damaging parts kept private.

What City want to achieve is unclear. Cant see us going nuclear but cant see us playing ball either. So behind closed doors makes sense to the club also. We want to be in the tent.
it doesn't feel that difficult.

Independent Panel - "Lack of context justified our investigation but with the benefit of full context, we have come to the conclusion that everything is in order. "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.