PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Got to admit, this wave after wave of negative news, the lack of any real information , the constant innuendo and accusations at our expense etc. Is beginning to take a toll.
Every fcking day.

It will do. That's just what the press/media want.

I am fed up with it as much as the next fan. But you have to put your well being before everything. Taking yourself away from this thread or stop listening to the press/media doesnt make you any less of a fan, it really doesn't.

I have noticed an increase in comments made to me when out and about wearing my City gear. Funny enough Tesco seems to be the worst place for this lol. I have been called wanker, cheat, c**t etc for just doing my weekly shop, its bizarre. I'm normally with the missus as well !.

I just ignore, the most I'll do is smile at them, they dont like that lol.

Honestly take a break from the press/media, tweeter, Facebook etc.

Look after yourself

Matey

I got like this when waiting to go to CAS.

Its not worth getting so annoying, we as fans cant do anything, we are the meat in the butty.

My health suffered badly very badly but I took myself away from this thread. I ignored all the headlines that would pop up on my phone. If not at a match I would turn the tv on at ko.

The press/media want you to feel like you are, ignore the fuckers.

Enjoy are success, enjoy our football when feeling low watch some of our amazing games. Listen to some of the interviews that our amazing chairman has given.

Ignore the press/media you will feel better.

Good post mate. Not one single new detail has been revealed by the media since the charges were first announced. It's just constant media churn of re-hashed articles, because it generates clicks. City fans looking for more info and rival fans lapping up the content.

It's difficult to do, but worth trying to switch off from it where possible. It just makes you feel worse about the situation, which is outside of our control. I'm trying to stay calm. Reason and logic show there was a very good reason CAS overturned the ban. City have been adamant of no wrongdoing and were proven right at CAS, so let's trust they know what they're doing and try to block out the noise.

The reputational damage was done long ago, sadly. If we're cleared, we know the narrative will be that it's down to expensive lawyers, as if UEFA and the PL had legal aid in. We've got the best manager of all time and one of the best teams to grace English football, it won't always be like this, so we shouldn't let opinions of people we largely don't know, or care about, ruin that for us.

I am fed up with it as much as the next fan. But you have to put your well being before everything. Taking yourself away from this thread or stop listening to the press/media doesnt make you any less of a fan, it really doesn't.

I have noticed an increase in comments made to me when out and about wearing my City gear. Funny enough Tesco seems to be the worst place for this lol. I have been called wanker, cheat, c**t etc for just doing my weekly shop, its bizarre. I'm normally with the missus as well !.

Look after yourself
Great post. And as I’ve said before, I can relate to the abuse from strangers. Been called a “cheat” twice in recent months when wearing my City gear.

There’ll be plenty more thanks to the relentless public attacks from all angles.

The club either can’t or won’t respond to any of it.

Same. It’s exhausting.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think we’d become the best team in the world and I’m eternally grateful.

Conversely, never in my worst nightmares did I think we’d become public enemy number one and spend years in and out of fucking courtrooms and hearings.

Thing is we arent public enemy number 1. Only the dippers and rags and press/media pl and UEFA hate us lol.

Never really had any issues with fans from other clubs

The club surely have to act now. You just can't as the head of an organisation of a competition we've just won come out with shit like this when we were cleared by an independent panel in the highest court available to us. It's fucking outrageous.
I agree, but not holding my breath. The ‘holistic’ approach seems to be let it slide, keep our enemies close, don’t comment, and make sure Carragher has his own parking space & 3 course meal on matchday.

Don't agree.
In between winning trophies it's becoming awful being a city fan.
How can any of us pretend that daily attacks from the media on our club is OK because we win trophies.
It isn't.
We've just won the treble but instead of basking in the glory and accolade we read/hear toxic attacks of our club 24/7.
Don't read it or listen I hear you say.
How, when you only have to face it from other fans now, in work or out in the pub.
Maybe if we ever heard the club fight back then we'd feel more unified but we don't.
So no winding up the red shirts really doesn't equate for this much shit being directed at us for me.
Somehow it needs to stop
I’m glad I’m not in work anymore, it was tiresome when the UEFA thing was going on, the bellends didn’t have a clue what was going on and probably even more so now, whe you asked the what the charges were they just spouted bollocks. That only lasted a few months compared to this, it’s a constant, pricks like Jordan (oh I wish someone would sue him for his accusations ) spouting shite and they lap it up. For me it doesn’t matter if we win, in most eyes we won’t ever be innocent, that’s why we should sue people/organizations for deformation of character only then when we win will it stop.

Look after yourself
Cheers Gordon - I'm not that bad and I do have the benefit of some reassuring contacts - but yep it's a distraction I/we could do without and I just know it's going to cause a family rift (dippers) if there's an adverse finding. They will be insufferable and it's their club I blame more than any for all this. Jealous, protectionist, hypocritical c#nts.
But - we have to suck it up and hope for the best. Its the waiting. God knows how those high up in the club are coping. The players too.
I keep returning to Dribble's post for some optimism.

Last edited:
I thought Cerefin wanted to be our friend and move forward, with just the premier league as our enemy. There’s surely no coincidence in the timing of this and I assume he has been got at by the usual suspects to open his gob. I can’t ever see the day when this shit goes away, “not in my lifetime” anyway. We are a nice, well run club, yet for some reason we have no friends. Cunts, the lot of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.