PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Dan roan being Dan roan on bbc news there. City expelled from the CL but their lawyers successfully appealed. Cleverly put DRIAC!

According to the football finace expert on 5 live Monday night club, (sorry forgot his name), Mancini was alledgely receiving two wages concurrently. One official wage as City manager and another wage as manager of a team in Abu Dhabi. He was in Manchester throughout as the City manger and only the City wage was "declared".
Cool , so set up a company in abu dhabi that sells men suit and sexy scarfs and register him as an employee . (Hair gel and fruity pops not included )

As Stefan said, these are extremely serious allegations. There is not much middle ground here. I’m hopeful that the PL, like UEFA, have gone all in, in an attempt to look strong and appease certain clubs, but now have a big job on their hands to prove their allegations. As the CAS ruling said, it would “mean that not only [Manchester City] lied to the [Football Association] and UEFA, but also that accountancy firms such as BDO, Deloitte, Ernst & Young and AlixPartners […] were all misled”. That’s a very big claim.

Exactly, it's a huge claim. I find it hard to believe that nobody saw anything in the past 14 years (since the first alleged breach) and now all of a sudden they've found a problem with 9 years of accounts.

Some of the accusations are probably criminal too. That'll be all, probably have HMRC investigations next.

Stefan covered this in the Twitter Spaces. The 100+ charges is a bit misleading - the overwhelming allegation is that we’ve submitted fraudulent accounts for 9 years. If the PL can’t prove this, the other charges largely go away. If they somehow can prove it, then we’d be fucked. My overall takeaway after listening to the whole thing is that I’m more optimistic but the stakes are obviously extremely high.
I listened to the whole thing. Nothing optimistic about it and I'm more worried now.

Do you really think that any statement by City will stop these people from trying to hound us into obscurity? It would be a waste of energy, effort and oxygen. City only need to say something when there is something worth saying. They did that today and will say the rest at the behind closed doors review by the independent commission. Our owners didn't become multi billionaire's by getting into petty slanging matches through the tabloids.
I couldn’t give a fuck how rich our owners are tbh , all it means is we can throw more money at accusations to just delay what feels inevitable, that somewhere down the line the that the bean counters have royally fucked up somwhere , it stinks of it tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.