PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Stefan covered this in the Twitter Spaces. The 100+ charges is a bit misleading - the overwhelming allegation is that we’ve submitted fraudulent accounts for 9 years. If the PL can’t prove this, the other charges largely go away. If they somehow can prove it, then we’d be fucked. My overall takeaway after listening to the whole thing is that I’m more optimistic but the stakes are obviously extremely high.
That's why the league just like uefa tags on the non compliance charges to save face if it goes tits up for them

Not a fucking chance mate , too many players heads have fallen off , our reputation is far more important than that shower of shit of a competition.
Actually can't wait for the CL to start again.

The PL and it's corruption, cheating, selective VAR, creative timekeeping, bookings, penalties etc etc all generally favouring 2 fuckin Clubs can fuck right off.

Stefan covered this in the Twitter Spaces. The 100+ charges is a bit misleading - the overwhelming allegation is that we’ve submitted fraudulent accounts for 9 years. If the PL can’t prove this, the other charges largely go away. If they somehow can prove it, then we’d be fucked. My overall takeaway after listening to the whole thing is that I’m more optimistic but the stakes are obviously extremely high.
Are they saying the 9 years of accounts are fraudulent but the last 5 years are ok.

Or the last 9 years and fraudulent and we have given any for 5 years (I’m sure that cannot be true).

Not me. This has been building for years and it's a very detailed set of accusations. The pre-briefing that has happened is incredibly unprofessional for an organisation like the PL. You can also smell American owner's fingers all over it. I've said for some considerable time that the biggest danger to the PL is American owners. They lost their battle with Newcastle and will be doubling down on this one. There's a lot at stake here.

EXACTLY! City can grab a £1bn loan from Barclays & spunk it on a new squad, with zero issues as long as we can afford the repayments.

HOWEVER if Sheikh Mansour was to give City £1bnof his own money, that's deemed as unfair & illegal in football.

It's total utter bollocks & strangely enough, it only came about AFTER the City takeover of 2008.

UEFA had been having discussions about debt since 2002, but it got nowhere as the elite clubs were bankrupting themselves trying to out-spend each other.

City come along, debt gets fucked off & Fair Play enters the arena! :-/
Its a bit like when global warming became climate change.

what are the tomorrow headlines involving city going to be ? tits out, Jackie offered to go on talksport radio topless

Are they saying the 9 years of accounts are fraudulent but the last 5 years are ok.

Or the last 9 years and fraudulent and we have given any for 5 years (I’m sure that cannot be true).
The charges relate to 2009-18 accounts.

Think of all those 3.00pm kick offs
Just been looking at the possible away games. Using average attendance this season we could take loads nearly everywhere, 15000 seats available at Coventry. Would be lots of fun and give the youngsters a taste of 98/99, those that don't switch to Arsenal of course....

Turning in after a bruising day. It hit me harder than I ever could’ve predicted.

Luckily the gallows humour which dragged us through the dark years is still present and correct in those of us old enough to remember those days, and it’s helped a bit today.

Battered and bruised but forever a Blue.

Night all. City till I fucking die.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.