PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It doesn't necessarily follow that he doesn't like us. These guys are taken on to do their best for their clients, without 'grace or favour' and they do.
He could just as easily been representing us and we have still been found innocent.
He must know how weak the UEFA case was. Remember Ceferin tried to settle with City but was sent packing by Khaldoon. Presumably that was on his legal team’s advice.

He must know how weak the UEFA case was. Remember Ceferin tried to settle with City but was sent packing by Khaldoon. Presumably that was on his legal team’s advice.
Surely a KC or QC is employed by one side or another to be unfair ie be biased.
If employed as the equivelant of a Judge maybe fairness is his / her job.

Or am I being naive?

It's blatantly not true, that's what we are up against with these deranged agenda driven twats.

It needs highlighting because any **** who's willing to lie about something that's clearly written down on the CAS website, about how a panel is chosen, are proving themself to be disingenuous to say the least.

They may also be swivel-eyed-nonces.

Yes we had the highest sports court in Europe in our back pocket by picking two of the panel. If CAS can be bought, how did the most corrupt country on the planet in Russia end up with their athletes banned for doping offences If they could simply use money and influence to get a result like City are believed to have done by these two bit hacks?

The Telegraph reporting that Mark Phillips KC, who represented UEFA in their case against us, is being lined up to lead the new Government independent regulator.

Hmmmm....that doesn't sound great in terms of his disposition towards the club. In fact it sounds fucking shite.
Utterly irrelevant. Firstly, what is the suggestion? That he is corrupt? Ridiculous. He simply lost a case that in all likelihood he advised his client they were unlikely to win. Second, the Independent Regulator will not regulate most aspects of the PL - it will deal with ownership but not financial compliance etc. Ignore

Last edited:
Utterly irrelevant. Firstly, what is the suggestion? That he is corrupt? Ridiculous. He simply lost a case that in all likelihood he advised his client they were unlikely to win. Second, the Independent Regulator will not regulate the PL - it will deal with ownership but not financial compliance etc. Ignore
I wasn't suggesting he was corrupt but I did say in my post that his disposition to the club might not be good as he has been involved in a high profile case against us. It's pure guesswork on your part that he may have advised UEFA that their case was very weak.

It’s very easy to convince a fan of the Dippers, Rags & Arsenal that everything is dodgy with no financial / legal knowledge. However, it’s the job of the KCs to convince experts.

I’ve just had 2 days sparring with a prick who says we are state owned because UAE is an autocratic state but can’t grasp that the legal ownership says it’s entirely different.
I have a dipper mate who clings to the idea that we're state funded and we outspend them because of it.
The alternative for him is that he has to accept that we've beaten them on the pitch, fair and square.

I wasn't suggesting he was corrupt but I did say in my post that his disposition to the club might not be good as he has been involved in a high profile case against us. It's pure guesswork on your part that he may have advised UEFA that their case was very weak.

It was a bit of an uncalled-for blasting, the sort I usually get, :) but I don't think you have anything to be concerned about with Phillips. Lawyers may be blood-sucking leeches but they don't hold grudges (as long as they get paid). This guy will represent UEFA one week, the PL the next and then City the week after. He is admirably suited to the IR role imho, won't take any shit from Masters in any case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.