PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm not so sure the club does regret it. There were a lot of outstanding issues that could have gone either way at the Adjudicatory Chamber and a subsequent CAS appeal. Much more than in 2019, and I imagine with better evidence to support them as well. On the other hand, Infantino didn't seem to have much appetite for a long fight either and the club's threat to challenge FFP in court was an incentive to settle. I imagine both sides were happy with a "political" solution.
Perhaps even some of the things the 115 contain are covered in that Settlement?

Recent financial history makes us not fearing FFP whereas we sailed close to the wind prior to that.

Meanwhile, just outside of Manchester, Scruffy Jim, the new owner of the world's most indebted club, Trafford Town FC, has made a huge paper loss on his newly acquired rag shares. Apart from when they play us, we need Villa and Spuds (ouch) to win and knock them out of next years ECL. Hopefully that will swipe another 25% of his portfolio and make him question why the hell he ever thought a background in Chemical Eng and Cycling could save the swampies. ...

Last edited:
I wouldn’t. He is a formidable opponent. If we fell foul of any regs……
I'm 100% convinced that we have been squeaky clean for a long time. Unfortunately, a combination of complacency and ineptitude that enabled the hack of millions of unencrypted emails left us open to scrutiny all those years ago.

I wasn't suggesting he was corrupt but I did say in my post that his disposition to the club might not be good as he has been involved in a high profile case against us. It's pure guesswork on your part that he may have advised UEFA that their case was very weak.
The man is a lawyer and a very highly qualified and experienced one at that. As such he has to be objective, detached and dispassionate and to view evidence through such eyes. It is unlikely that he has any "disposition" to City and it is unlikely to of any relevance if he has since his job will not be to participate in case after case against City but to regulate the PL. We don't know, at the moment, exactly the details of such a post and must wait for the government to tell us and introduce legislation to set up the post/department. Our political masters are clearly dissatisfied with the situation at the moment and there are enough MPs with an interest in football to ensure that a wide variety of views on it are expressed so the chances of a regulator with scores to settle with City would seem to be negligeable. So, let's calm down and realise that our persecutors aren't hiding behind every tree!

The man is a lawyer and a very highly qualified and experienced one at that. As such he has to be objective, detached and dispassionate and to view evidence through such eyes. It is unlikely that he has any "disposition" to City and it is unlikely to of any relevance if he has since his job will not be to participate in case after case against City but to regulate the PL. We don't know, at the moment, exactly the details of such a post and must wait for the government to tell us and introduce legislation to set up the post/department. Our political masters are clearly dissatisfied with the situation at the moment and there are enough MPs with an interest in football to ensure that a wide variety of views on it are expressed so the chances of a regulator with scores to settle with City would seem to be negligeable. So, let's calm down and realise that our persecutors aren't hiding behind every tree!
If we are clean, and I’m sure we are, a competent regulator is to our advantage. He will clip the redshirts’ wings and put an end to the nonsense we get from them.

Mmmmm no don't say
The Peroxide Bullshitter wants dispensation for new investment to allow them to grow their business in responding to this CRYSTAL PALACE spokesman, clearly ignoring we are being charged 115 for allegedly doing the very same.
He's on talkshite that much he forgets what he's said in the past, not a regular listener but tune in occasionally , he's not changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.