PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It was a bit of an uncalled-for blasting, the sort I usually get, :) but I don't think you have anything to be concerned about with Phillips. Lawyers may be blood-sucking leeches but they don't hold grudges (as long as they get paid). This guy will represent UEFA one week, the PL the next and then City the week after. He is admirably suited to the IR role imho, won't take any shit from Masters in any case.
You are almost certainly correct but given a choice (which we don't have) I'm sure the club would prefer an Independent Regulator not to have been involved in an adversarial role in a high profile case against them :)

The club clearly regret the 2014 settlement. They'll fight this to the end. They know they have no choice.

I'm not so sure the club does regret it. There were a lot of outstanding issues that could have gone either way at the Adjudicatory Chamber and a subsequent CAS appeal. Much more than in 2019, and I imagine with better evidence to support them as well. On the other hand, Infantino didn't seem to have much appetite for a long fight either and the club's threat to challenge FFP in court was an incentive to settle. I imagine both sides were happy with a "political" solution.

The Telegraph reporting that Mark Phillips KC, who represented UEFA in their case against us, is being lined up to lead the new Government independent regulator.

Hmmmm....that doesn't sound great in terms of his disposition towards the club. In fact it sounds fucking shite.
No. A lawyer representing your adversary does not usually get involved in that way. They just present their client’s case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.