PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

According to Lipton the club has till the 23rd of this month to respond. Also, some teams are calling for a fast trial so it doesn't drag out.
Given the severity of the accusations, there’s little chance of a fast trial. And if there were, it’d probably benefit us as there would have to be a fair bit of compromise to get a swift resolution.

It was clubs likely to qualify or miss out on Europe if the ban was suspended so mainly a reflection of league positions at that time.
Ok can see that. That would explain the likes of Wolves & Burnley you mean? It’s still a big red flag against all of them as far as I’m concerned. For example I’m not aware of any of them reneging or softening their position since then.

The allegations against City can be as serious as the PL wants, it's proving it that is the problem for them.

I don't see how they can prove off book payments were given to managers and players or that we have cooked the books?

If evidence of cooking the books existed this would be a matter for HMRC and other agencies rather than the PL?

I do think they'll find us guilty on not cooperating with the investigation but not on all 30 charges. So I expect a heavy fine for that.
With enough whistleblowers it would be possible I guess. This is another thing I feel doesn't add up. Feels way to reckless that the club has involved a large chunk of staff, players and agents on this criminal scheme of off the book payments. Everyone involved certainly would know. Why wouldn't a bitter **** like Milner blow the lid of years ago? It just doesn't add up, way too serious for it take 9 years to materialise with so many involved.

That being said, if the charges based on multiple wages is actually true, the club has been absolute cocks

I can’t be sure,as I’m not French,but I don’t read or hear about any of the other French clubs going after P.S.G in their league!?Having seen the disparity in the wage bills over there.Their bill dwarfs ours,even though the Prem is known to be the most lucrative league in the world.City don’t even have the highest wage bill in England yet the fingers are still pointing and this bullshit won’t fucking go away.Clear and organised,and smelling rotten to the core.We truly have no friends….

Hmmm rule b.13 is that we must relate to all other clubs with good faith. I wonder how hacking a database or writing a letter to get you banned constitutes good faith. Or saying it's a bad day for football when we get exonerated by cas. Or referring to our execs as terrorists.

The number of breaches is eye watering but several are repeated and I would guess related. For example if you're found not guilty of everything else than how can we be found guilty of b.13.

I guess as well that as some of the breaches involve players contracts we may be in breach of the rule several times. Would that count as 1 breach or 1 breach per çontract? Surely the players would need to be named in this instance and not a blanket "we think you've not declared stuff for everyone"

On an unrelated note if we have to provide details of all our players contracts and stuff who gets access to that afterwards? I can't imagine the other clubs get to see it otherwise we'd have known about JG release clause etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.