PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm about halfway through listening and this is exactly what I'm taking away thus far. Let's be clear - what the PL are alleging is conspiracy to commit fraud. I wholly support the view that the PL has no idea what it is getting itself into by making these very serious and damaging allegations. They have essentially elevated the burden of proof to a significantly higher level than would otherwise be required, and this can simply not be dealt with by an independent panel of their choosing. This is criminality that is being alleged and I don't think they grasp it. If they did, they'd have notified HMRC compliance units immediately. When taken with the fact that they botched the initial release of the charges against us, I am actually more confident than I was before - this investigation is being led by under-qualified people which reflects in their procedural sloppiness and inability to grasp the magnitude of their own allegations.

Exactly what I've been trying to say all day but you said it better.

What the PL is alleging is financial criminality and so it wouldn't be the PL dealing with it, it would be HMRC and the UK Financial Intelligence Unit, etc.

Ian Herbert’s article about City is a disgrace.

“Some would say the reputation of City and its owners are now on the line. Others would say that the grubby emails, the army of lawyers and the steadfast reluctance to disclose the documents to those who investigate have left it irredeemably tarnished already.”

You won’t find a better source for optimism than this final paragraph. They’re already laying the groundwork for city being guilty regardless of the outcome.

Exactly what I've been trying to say all day but you said it better.

What the PL is alleging is financial criminality and so it wouldn't be the PL dealing with it, it would be HMRC and the UK Financial Intelligence Unit, etc.
The PL have to prove that the biggest firms of accountants in the world were deliberately misled. An extraordinary claim and very difficult to prove.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.