PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Still better than the cûnt from the times Syed who called City fans rats.

A self confessed table tennis cheat who also wrote many positive articles on British Cycling even though the evidence for drug abuse was overwhelming.

These journalists, very trustworthy chaps.
Wankers the lot of them.

I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t care if we are guilty or not. The game has been rigged from the start. Constant rule changes introduced by the cartel to pressure Uefa/premier into taking action.

The CAS episode was shambolic and although we won we lost. The constant articles calling us cheats went into overdrive with no merit and no challenge. Govering bodies hiding behind the history boys waiting to do their bidding when required. Leaking and manipulating court findings to continue to damage the club.

So I say again, I don’t care what the club has or has not done in order to compete. I also don’t care who we have to go after to sort this out. The government, premier or indeed other teams. Get it sorted city by any means necessary.

So if we do have information on any of the cunts who have instigated this attack,get it out front and centre. I expect a robust response and not a few sentences in a club statement.

As for fans of other teams who are enjoying this orchestrated spectacle, you will never get the chance to enjoy the good fortune we had with the takeover. Go after the red teams by stopping any Middle East club buying them.

A dirty war requires us to get into the gutter.

We are inevitable and we will succeed.
Our Legal Team is even better at their job than any eleven we put on the pitch. And I say that in the context of proving innocence - not some technicality.

Seems to me to be a case of throwing as much shit at us as possible and hoping that some of it will stick. Worst case is that something significant will stick and we get branded as cheats and punished accordingly. Best case is that none of it sticks but we get branded as cheats anyway based on the no smoke without fire theory. So it’s win win for the cartel. We get dragged through the mud irrespective of the outcome.

My prediction is that a few of the minor infringements will stick and we’ll end up with a small fine. The sorts of things that probably every club is guilty of if you look hard enough. This will be enough for the fans of the red clubs to make out we’ve got away with it and they will never let it drop.
Absolutely superb post mate. Perfect description of the storm being stirred up around us.

I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t care if we are guilty or not. The game has been rigged from the start. Constant rule changes introduced by the cartel to pressure Uefa/premier into taking action.

The CAS episode was shambolic and although we won we lost. The constant articles calling us cheats went into overdrive with no merit and no challenge. Govering bodies hiding behind the history boys waiting to do their bidding when required. Leaking and manipulating court findings to continue to damage the club.

So I say again, I don’t care what the club has or has not done in order to compete. I also don’t care who we have to go after to sort this out. The government, premier or indeed other teams. Get it sorted city by any means necessary.

So if we do have information on any of the cunts who have instigated this attack,get it out front and centre. I expect a robust response and not a few sentences in a club statement.

As for fans of other teams who are enjoying this orchestrated spectacle, you will never get the chance to enjoy the good fortune we had with the takeover. Go after the red teams by stopping any Middle East “state” buying them.

A dirty war requires us to get into the gutter.

We are inevitable and we will succeed. Yesterday is gone, let’s start today on a positive agressive front.

Not guilty your honour-:)
Mate, I agree.

What other business are you not allowed to invest your own money in as you see fit, Football FFP is at best a clear restraint of trade and is in reality designed to keep about eight clubs in Europe earning all the money and sharing the various titles whilst under the pretence of a clean sport, the whole sport is corrupt run mainly by old men making millions for their corrupt rules.

But, City are where we are and it’s time to take off the gloves and come out fighting with everything at our disposal and put this corrupt shit organisation in its place once and for all…

It’s going to be an absolute pile on from the media and opposition fans for the next few months (years) until we are (hopefully) exonerated - in the meantime we are going to need thick skins and a sense of humour. Whatever happens we will still be there week in, week out and whether its vs Bayern or Borehamwood.

Was thinking we might need to update a few songs to show that we really don’t give a f*ck.

I’m no Noel Gallagher but maybe something like this to the tune of “we never win at home …”

Oh we spent loads of cash and ignored fair play
Banned by UEFA but we got away
We won’t give a fuck if it goes tits up
M C F C - Always

Shit, I know but you get the idea …..
I don't need to be galvanised into adopting a seige mentality. But this should galvanise fans into supporting us like never before.

Blah blah blah - financial fair play - blah. Does this ever end?

The initial motivation - insofar as I can tell - for these sorts of rules had nothing to do with fair play - rather they were initially intended to make sure that a beloved club didn't overspend to the point of bankruptcy - depriving the host city of top league football for its favorite club.

Now? FFP regulations as they stand seem to have little value at all. Football is a very expensive enterprise - let clubs spend what they want - perhaps with a very high cap.

All this FFP litigation is bullshit.

In terms of City - and indeed of all other clubs - I'd look at it this way:
1) Does City provide an enjoyable experience for neutral fans of the sport - likely more than would have been experienced were expenditures curtailed in some sense, and;
2) Have City overspent - that their club is now in financial hardship - in danger of experiencing a large dip in competitiveness because they can no longer sustain their wage bill?

So fuck the current FFP rules - it's all bullshit.

Last edited:
Mate, I agree.

What other business are you not allowed to invest your own money in as you see fit, Football FFP is at best a clear restraint of trade and is in reality designed to keep about eight clubs in Europe earning all the money and sharing the various titles whilst under the pretence of a clean sport, the whole sport is corrupt run mainly by old men making millions for their corrupt rules.

But, City are where we are and it’s time to take off the gloves and come out fighting with everything at our disposal and put this corrupt shit organisation in its place once and for all…
Spot on.

Seems to me to be a case of throwing as much shit at us as possible and hoping that some of it will stick. Worst case is that something significant will stick and we get branded as cheats and punished accordingly. Best case is that none of it sticks but we get branded as cheats anyway based on the no smoke without fire theory. So it’s win win for the cartel. We get dragged through the mud irrespective of the outcome.

My prediction is that a few of the minor infringements will stick and we’ll end up with a small fine. The sorts of things that probably every club is guilty of if you look hard enough. This will be enough for the fans of the red clubs to make out we’ve got away with it and they will never let it drop.
Agree with all and well stated as always. I could see this being more than a fine — it could be something with “teeth” as a fine for an “uber-rich club” is perceived as at best a tap on the wrist and at worst a bribe. Maybe a transfer ban? There’s no winning for City here — once the aspersions are cast there’s forever shade on any and all accomplishments. It was there anyhow, of course — it’s just darker and colder.

Reminds me of “Animal House” — “They’re gonna nail us no matter what we do. So we might as well have a good time. Toga toga toga TOGA TOGA TOGA!!!” (Sorry — might have to be a yank to fully grasp that :))

He doesn't need to ring Sunak. Abu Dhabi aren't going to continue investing in a country which has accused them of fraud.
I've changed my mind about this. I doubted the diplomatic consequences of today's allegations but given their severity, and given things like this....

....I think it will cause massive headaches in Whitehall. To be accused of dishonesty at a criminal level could have very severe ramifications beyond football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.