PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I've changed my mind about this. I doubted the diplomatic consequences of today's allegations but given their severity, and given things like this....

....I think it will cause massive headaches in Whitehall. To be accused of dishonesty at a criminal level could have very severe ramifications beyond football.

I think it's quite a stretch to think it will get as far as a geo-political issue.

Let's see the PL try and prove their allegations of what amounts to financial criminality first.

I think it's quite a stretch to think it will get as far as a geo-political issue.

Let's see the PL try and prove their allegations of what amounts to financial criminality first.
I actually agree with this. It is unlikely to get to that level but the stakes are high and it is possible.

Seems to me to be a case of throwing as much shit at us as possible and hoping that some of it will stick. Worst case is that something significant will stick and we get branded as cheats and punished accordingly. Best case is that none of it sticks but we get branded as cheats anyway based on the no smoke without fire theory. So it’s win win for the cartel. We get dragged through the mud irrespective of the outcome.

My prediction is that a few of the minor infringements will stick and we’ll end up with a small fine. The sorts of things that probably every club is guilty of if you look hard enough. This will be enough for the fans of the red clubs to make out we’ve got away with it and they will never let it drop.
First sentence says it all. I think we can expect something to come out of it, but I don't think it will be that serious. What I would like to know is how do they come to the conclusion that we're guilty of a specific number of instances if they say we haven't been co-operating?

As for what anybody else thinks, a lot of them already think that way anyhow since the UEFA bullshit so no change there then. I couldn't give a toss what anybody else thinks to be honest. Where have the likes of Chelsea got their £400 million from then, other than the new owners bankrolling the club? What about United when you consider the Glazers didn't have any money to buy the club and had to mortgage it? No questions asked?

Nothing's going to happen for a while anyway, it's taken them 5 years to get this far.

So... City hid some payments to players and Mancini using creative accounting, and failed to help the league hang the club? What else is there?

First sentence says it all. I think we can expect something to come out of it, but I don't think it will be that serious. What I would like to know is how do they come to the conclusion that we're guilty of a specific number of instances if they say we haven't been co-operating?

As for what anybody else thinks, a lot of them already think that way anyhow since the UEFA bullshit so no change there then. I couldn't give a toss what anybody else thinks to be honest. Where have the likes of Chelsea got their £400 million from then, other than the new owners bankrolling the club? What about United when you consider the Glazers didn't have any money to buy the club and had to mortgage it? No questions asked?

Nothing's going to happen for a while anyway, it's taken them 5 years to get this far.
Agree with your post 100%.

That said, extant so-called FFP rules are bullshit. They seem to serve no purpose at all.

In the end, rules governing football should be designed to enhance enjoyment of the sport, to promote its audience, and to ensure that clubs don't overspend to the point of financial insolvency.

Current FFP rules mostly ensure that the entrenched top, top clubs remain top top - providing a barrier to new investment by rich benefactors in lower tier clubs.

I don't know if this is correct or even true but I recall a story being told about Khaldoon and Mansour while students in America, not allowed to enter a big nightclub in Miami due to them being non white, so they bought a nightclub very close to the one that refused them entrance and made it so successful it put the other one out of business. If there is a grain of truth in that, that's the Khaldoon, Mansour we need to see right now . Like I said I do not know if true but it's a story I heard couple of years back . Can anyone verify this ?

What I would like to know is how do they come to the conclusion that we're guilty of a specific number of instances if they say we haven't been co-operating?
Well quite a few of the charges are for "not cooperating", so I expect we'll be guilty of those.

As I posted earlier we didn't cooperate with UEFA, because we thought we'd be shafted, so we were never going to cooperate with the PL at that point, because anything we gave them, would end up with UEFA anyway, but we did cooperate with CAS. This was a good policy since UEFA failed to shaft us, and we were found not to have done anything wrong. I fully expect the same will apply, we'll let it go to this "independent commission" and then cooperate and get a similar result, especially as it seems to be based on exactly the same evidence.

I was more than happy when UEFA tried to ban us as I wanted to see us have it out with UEFA in court.

I'm now more than happy to see the Prem having a go after the last four years of the trickle of 'We're coming for you City'. Bring it on - see you in court Premier League.

Oh, and while we're at it, ask UEFA and the Prem to examine Chelsea's colossal spending and United's splurge of cash despite owing hundreds of millions.
My thoughts exactly. In fact I've just said the same thing re. Chelsea and united. Chelsea most certainly haven't earned £400m in the past year and as you say, united owe millions so they shouldn't be able to spend anything, so what the fuck is going on?

If we haven't been co-operating then where do they have the information from to charge us with anything?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.