PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This whole process is going to be a longgggggggggggg old wait
It shouldn’t be though it should be done and dusted before the start of next season .......... what happens if you lot are found guilty and win more trophies along the way say it goes on for years do they take them off you ?????
Will players actually wanna come or stay with this hanging over your head ????
The media a few years of hateful bullshit do you lot deserve years of it ????

Sorry it needs sorting within the next few months for the sake of everyone ........ I personally think there maybe be something but I very much doubt it will affect titles .......... relegations or points deductions ........... it will be a fine and no more

Im just consoling myself with the thought of all those salty tears from Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal fans if we get off these charges .
That would be my wanking material for many years to come

It shouldn’t be though it should be done and dusted before the start of next season .......... what happens if you lot are found guilty and win more trophies along the way say it goes on for years do they take them off you ?????
Will players actually wanna come or stay with this hanging over your head ????
The media a few years of hateful bullshit do you lot deserve years of it ????

Sorry it needs sorting within the next few months for the sake of everyone ........ I personally think there maybe be something but I very much doubt it will affect titles .......... relegations or points deductions ........... it will be a fine and no more

It would be cool for this all to get cleared up in a few months but unless the punishment consists of a fine and a telling off then there's no chance it's fully resolved by the summer.

Even then, can you imagine quite how much kicking and screaming there would be from the rest of the league if that's the kind of punishment they hand out after all this bluster?

The papers have already presumed guilt, announcing the punishments that rival club officials and fans believe we should be subjected to. Rival fans rejoice in the confirmation of their beliefs and prejudices. Fortunately, we have a right to defend ourselves, and we will, to the bitter end; into the breach, chaps, swathed in sky blue.

Martin Lipton who constantly slagged us off in the early years of the takeover, who was forever on the sunday supplement with his fuckin pissy little face and lisp spitting everywhere trying to control his rage about us.

Expect Neil Custis to be active on twitter throwing his fat red bastard views into the mix and talking shit like this lispy ****.
I hope they’re both at the game Sunday!

Don't know why we're challenging the allegations, the media shills, fans of every other club and no nowt pundits have us bang to rights.
Severe damage has been done to our clubs name, in that respect its part job done, this ain't ever gonna stop.
Hope we've still got a club to support on Sunday :)

I think the Twitter spaces chat was really helpful. It's bigger than I thought, so when people are saying relegation is a realistic outcome if found guilty they really mean that. The good news is the league realistically has to prove that we have knowingly and deliberately cooked the books at every level of the organization, that multiple parties have covered and lied about it, and that auditors and independent regulators of multiple companies have either been misled or failed to spot this. It's a huge set of claims that will need to be established, to the extent that even Stefan isn't sure that the premier league fully appreciate what they've set themselves up for. But if they can realistically demonstrate that this has been happening every season, year after year, then it's not a slap on the wrist.

Edit: from this chat, this line from CAS seems absolutely critical: if what the premier league are saying is true it would “mean that not only [Manchester City] lied to the [league] and UEFA, but also that accountancy firms such as BDO, Deloitte, Ernst & Young and AlixPartners […] were all misled". To which we might add and failed to identify that they were misled. This misleading isn't just within CFG, but in Etihad Airways and all the rest of the companies involved. It's very easy to sneer about this (ha ha, who is the Etihad owned by), but the implications are enormous in terms of geopolitical and business fallout for a three person panel to settle behind closed doors. You'd essentially be saying that half of the big four auditors and multiple organizations around the world have failed to spot City's wrongdoing and/or are complicit in their coverup. Big, international, mainstream businesses. It really is a huge claim.

View attachment 68316

View attachment 68315
It reflects even worse on the PL, who are supposed to be regulating their members' dealings. If the PL wants to avoid an independent regulator, openly admitting that they couldn't spot an alleged 9 successive years of dodgy accounts is a major own goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.