PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

When desperate journos throw in the standard "human rights" curve ball while covering City its a pathetic attempt at adopting the moral high ground. Its meant to add to their journalistic integrity, its saying "Look at me everyone, look how good I am, I'm quoting Amnesty International that makes me better then anybody from the UAE". It reeks of hypocrisy, a bit like when The Guardian starts moralizing about the evils of transatlantic slavery when it was founded entirely absolutely 100% by the profits of Slave Traders. But they think its fine to adopt the moral high ground on virtually every societal issue imaginable because one day they printed the words "We're so Sorry".

Look at this from the Amnesty International report for 2022/2023, this is lambasting us the UNITED KINGDOM, not the UAE, but of course this is the type of 'inconvenient truth' that the likes of the BBC/Guardian etc choose to ignore when City bashing.

1711622138767.png
Ref: https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/pol10/5670/2023/en/

Last edited:
Before I ask for your autograph, quick question I’ve been wanting to ask, do you get hard and wet when you come here and argue for the sake of arguing?
Imagine the feeling of self-righteous magnanimity though.

Hello King Charles - is your brother a paedo?
But Sir Alex - did you not outspend everyone when you had a monopoly?
Tony - aren't you a war criminal?
Mr Patton - you're really saying you knew nothing about the Savile debacle under your trust stewardship?

All for balance as long as it's er.....balanced.

Owl in a Jar thought she was being edgy, but it was just poor journalism - more so given the free rides that bbc NW usually give on its lightweight show.

Before we go down the - "but it's only Annabel Tiffin" track - yep, but the critical, loaded, bias based presenting - is a free hit to an audience of approximately 650,000.

Last edited:
Which if you read my previous posts on it, I already point out is a basic cheap shot. Nevertheless one that is there and people will take. As it is hypocritical too, hence the glass houses comments are equally there to make.

Fair enough. I thought it better not to get too involved in all that nonsense.

Before I ask for your autograph, quick question I’ve been wanting to ask, do you get hard and wet when you come here and argue for the sake of arguing?

I get that that happens and people argue for the sake of arguing here. But people do also do it in good faith too, and it is the sheer volume that makes it cyclical and repetative. Many of us probably had this at times where a basic point became laboured, and have probably had such remarks made too. There were 2 basic points among it all, was there any proof, and was it relevant. Proof has been added, opinions on relevance stated. Think it is probably time to move past it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.