PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We will never be proved inocent, if we win this case we will have "got away with it" again.
As effectively every pundit said after CAS, as nearly every two-bit commenter is saying now. As usual, they’re all finding a way not to lose no matter the outcome. And no punishment will be harsh enough. Imagine the narrative shifting to “Ooooh, wait — the Prem was far too hard on City.” City loses no matter what in the court of public opinion, never to be redeemed. That of course was already true. Just a different-sized stick to beat City with. There is no “fair” here. There is no “innocent” here. The well was poisoned long long ago, whether we poisoned it on purpose, inadvertently, just technically, or not all.

Don’t
One can make the case it did make their league weaker, plus they stripped Juve of 1 title, not 6. The latter would be something completely different.

Think the worst case scenario won't happen (the political/business consequences being important too).
isnt stripping titles match fixing , we’ve not bin accused of that yet !!

If and talking IF the allegations are proven and we're guilty, is any punishment likely to be for present/future competition ie relegation at worst or are we looking at title stripping and all that nonsense for each year we've been guilty? Stressing again this is only IF the most serious allegations are proven.
I suspect forward looking but all hell will break loose if the PLs case is proven because it is simply such a huge allegation. This is the thing that is so amazing. They are making ultra serious allegations way beyond sport.

It's been coming, deep down we all knew that.

Relegation to the Conference would be brilliant, loads of top away days and great fun as we climb through the divisions. The half and half scarf brigade will be off pastures anew and we can win the FA Trophy, FA Cup and League Cup. We will lose some players of course, but the academy is quality and I will still be there every week, because we are City till we die

Same mate. I hardly slept. Feels like they’ve gone nuclear on us. We used to be everyone’s second team, now we’re almost universally despised. It wears you down.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Give me the opportunity to be public enemy number one over being everyone's favourite plucky underdogs. I put up with that patronising shit for long enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.