PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Said straight away about ffp originally brought in for debt, now it’s to stop owner investment by the “terrified” “red shirts “ his words ,then he mysteriously got cut off , mustn’t of towed the line
Martin is the ONLY journalist with any shred of integrity when it comes to calling out the Red Shirt cabal.

Think you've answered your own question there :-)

The thing I find odd is this is a hell of a fight for the PL to pick because, hypothetically, even if they were to win, it could result in all sorts of ramifications they can't control. So I'm left with the thought that is it one of these...

1. Simply tactical relative to getting the idea of an independent regulator off the table and they have done this on the big assumption that after the furore dies down it'll drag on and at some point we'll take another relatively minor pinch but until them they can posture as necessary and point to their governance prowess.

2. A last throw of the dice to get rid of us by some vested interests who don't actually care if it backfires spectacularly because they have their escape routes planned and if they leave the game in a mess that's ok because they never really cared about it anyway.

3. They are people who have worked through all the scenarios and are confident they have the political backing and legs to ride out a geopolitical/diplomatic/economic shitshow.

4. Or as others have said they are simply overconfident/undercompetent.

Not sure which of these is most likely but the idea that our owners would just go 'fair cop' and slink off into the sunset seems so fanciful it must surely be one of those or a variation thereof?
My money's on 2 and 4.

I'm sure someone must of mentioned this but the timing of the announcement stinks ! the Munich anniversary really ! Don’t know if it’s my paranoia or are they trying to take evil City down on such an emotional day for the nation ?

Let's have it, ya cunts

1ggdf0.gif

Lovely to see Gus back on the forum.

I suspect forward looking but all hell will break loose if the PLs case is proven because it is simply such a huge allegation. This is the thing that is so amazing. They are making ultra serious allegations way beyond sport.

how come its come out now though Stefan? Surely the accounts would have been signed off by the premier league at the time? So how can new stuff come to light now?

If and talking IF the allegations are proven and we're guilty, is any punishment likely to be for present/future competition ie relegation at worst or are we looking at title stripping and all that nonsense for each year we've been guilty? Stressing again this is only IF the most serious allegations are proven.
As far as I can tell nobody knows as it hasn’t happened (or no other team has been investigated) in modern times.

I think the media/social media narrative is all about the punishments to come, a lot of gleeful hand rubbing. I don’t think any Blue should add to that narrative, any insightful explanations will add to the feeding frenzy rather than calming anything down. The enemy will hear what they want to hear and it’s a PR fight we won’t win yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.