PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Why are no journalists asking why the PL have kept all these supposed breaches under their hat for over a decade? If we were obstructing due process over a decade ago, why weren’t charges brought then?

It’s almost like it’s a witch hunt.

Hasn't the investigation only been ongoing for the last 4 years?

They are, in effect, claiming City deceived the PL, their auditors and multiple other bodies and filed fake accounts and fake financial forecasts. For at least 9 years. That's the extraordinary allegation.
So in effect they are saying multiple companies such as auditors are complicit in this scam?

if any journalist or media company even suggests or infers the club is guilty could that not be seen as influencing the panel unduly and unfairly?

I know that’s illegal in criminal court cases and can result in a case being thrown out of court but not sure if the same legal rules apply here too.
Legal rules don't apply. The Premier league is made from all member clubs and the "investigation" was started by the hateful 8 letter. Kangaroo court, we'll be found guilty of all charges and ejected from the league unless we have the dirt on collusion of cartel clubs and why this is all happening (if we "get away with it" then ESL will rear it's head again).

They are, in effect, claiming City deceived the PL, their auditors and multiple other bodies and filed fake accounts and fake financial forecasts. For at least 9 years. That's the extraordinary allegation.
And I cannot believe CFG would do this, they are not that stupid are they? They’ve grown a massive global brand over the last 15 years, surely to god they would know the ramifications of any of this, the Sheikh must be fuming, he’s done loads for this club and at every time others are trying to rip out down.

Why are you even considering that? I don't get this "what will happen in the worst case" thing. We get it. We will be fucked, directors will be going to jail and auditors will be sued. But it isn't going to happen. And certainly no-one knows any details of the charges to make a sensible analysis at this point.

Do you get up in the morning and say, shit, what happens if I get run over by a truck today?

Let nature take its course, confident in the club's ability to counter, and we can reconcile ourselves with the consequences, if there are any, later.

If there was anything as serious as that I doubt it would have taken them 4 years of investigation to find it and it certainly wouldn’t be the PL leading the investigation it will be the SFO!

What we have done won’t be illegal but may be outside the PL rules.

Also it’s gaol not jail ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.