PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That was the worst id felt as a blue since god knows when. And i started watching in 79!
Id seen all the shit, all the relegations, the selling of prized assets, the board room battles. But they all had an expected feel towards them. I knew they were coming.
Even relegation to the the third div had an air of acceptance around it.

But our performance on sunday sent my head west. So many questions to answer. Im far from entitled, as i say, ive seen and lived all the bad times, but we are a different entity now.

So monday i woke up, pissed off with football, fed up with pep, disappointed with City.
Then took a call off someone who would know about phil fodens extra curricular activities very much catching up with him. Great.
But then the F bomb was dropped as i logged on here to see the prem charges. Fucks sake what now!!!! Like most i presume i spent the day trying to earn a living whilst simultaneously dipping in and out the thread, grasping at any positivity, sinking at all the negatives.
Fuck off monday

Anyway, tuesdays here, i feel like we are a cornered animal and i hope we band together like never before and come out fighting. If the atmosphere doesnt crackle on sunday it never will

SO … i would say yesterday was the second worst id felt supporting city, relegation v luton by far the worse.
Well whats yours?
Tuesdays gonna be a lot better,its my birthday and an holiday for it to boot too, let the lager flow and the fight back begin.
Up the fkin Blues as always.

Heard a lot of these rumours about phill so he's been fucking around then?

This all smacks of a rehash of the original charges brought by UEFA but this time the allegations go right from the start of the takeover. Like someone wrote on here yesterday, do you really think after being sanctioned in 2014 we wouldn't make doublely sure of of financial dealing as not to break the rules. The hateful eight are desperate to get City out of the Premier League absolutely desperate. I heard one so called financial expert this morning saying that Chelsea wouldn't fall foul of the FFP rules because they spread their transfer payments and have a long line of academy player to sell, hello , doesn't that sound the same as us? Why is it different for City?
Simple! 'Cos we're City!

Sorry but it's been a thread full of people talking about worst case scenarios, people talking about relegation to the conference and all the rest of it and of course the cesspit that is social media discussing matters of the very same question which I asked Stefan.

It's better to have some clarity and insight is all. By the same token that I don't wake up every day wondering if I'll get hit by a truck, do you think an accused person at court doesn't ask the potential repercussions should they be found guilty of a serious crime?

Ignoring it might do you a favour but then you may as well ignore the full thread in that case?

I know that nobody knows for sure at this stage, but I just asked for his (PR's) best early guesswork, I don't see the issue with that.

Fair enough. We have different outlooks. I get it.

But really, I am not ignoring it. When the news broke, I read the PL statement and came to the conclusion that there isn't enough information there to come to any conclusion of what the issues are, let alone what the outcome will be. All I know is that the PL issued a statement and the club countered with a confident rebuttal. That's good enough for me now.

This all smacks of a rehash of the original charges brought by UEFA but this time the allegations go right from the start of the takeover. Like someone wrote on here yesterday, do you really think after being sanctioned in 2014 we wouldn't make doublely sure of of financial dealing as not to break the rules. The hateful eight are desperate to get City out of the Premier League absolutely desperate. I heard one so called financial expert this morning saying that Chelsea wouldn't fall foul of the FFP rules because they spread their transfer payments and have a long line of academy player to sell, hello , doesn't that sound the same as us? Why is it different for City?

hence we now if we are clear we should break any NDA over the dipper hacking and expose any other dodgy shit we have found about other clubs once and for all? Show the rest of the world, broad casters etc that the people running the biggest league in the world are corrupt as fuck!

They are, in effect, claiming City deceived the PL, their auditors and multiple other bodies and filed fake accounts and fake financial forecasts. For at least 9 years. That's the extraordinary allegation.
The bit the makes me uncomfortable is that the PL aren’t just making an allegation here a bit like the UEFA case, they are saying we falsified our books. To make that allegation they must have some pretty strong proof we’ve done it otherwise nothing stands up surely when it gets to court?

At the same time, City at the very top levels know if it’s true or not and will know what the PL have on us, so to hear such a strong response from City then confuses me even more.

Fair enough. We have different outlooks. I get it.

But really, I am not ignoring it. When the news broke, I read the PL statement and came to the conclusion that there isn't enough information there to come to any conclusion of what the issues are, let alone what the outcome will be. All I know is that the PL issued a statement and the club countered with a confident rebuttal. That's good enough for me now.

Absolutely mate. And contrary to what my question might suggest, the clubs statement does fill me with confidence, as they did prior to CAS.

Tuesdays gonna be a lot better,its my birthday and an holiday for it to boot too, let the lager flow and the fight back begin.
Up the fkin Blues as always.
Happy birthday!
Do we really need another 'beat ourselves up' thread. We have 400+ pages of blues arguing with each other already?
Im simply asking, as mondays go, when was the last time u felt so bad

This stinks of the corrupt, unhealthy and monopolising influence of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea have on the PL. FFP is there only to protect their interests, not to keep a "level playing field" as they continually try to fob us off with. Maybe they (the PL) should look at the aforementioned clubs debts before slinging the shit at us. We do not owe hundreds of millions, we are not taking money out of the club to line our own pockets. Those clubs need to put their own house in order before crying foul.

If they took four years to charge us, why wait all that time? If the first "offence" took place over 14 years ago, shouldn't we have been hauled up then, not now?

Perhaps we haven't greased the palms of the PL board and not given them backhanders which I feel other clubs have done to cover up their shady dealings. The PL board is BENT, no other word for it and we haven't played ball with them and they don't like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.