PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Any idea what they proposed we plead guilty to and what the punishment offered was?

My thinking based on absolutely nothing is that the club wouldn't have a settlement agreement for anything financial but maybe would for the non cooperation as long as the punishment wasn't points based.

Premier league statement being very clear that city provided irrefutable evidence against the financial charges but that we accept some responsibility in not cooperating and have accepted a £20m fine and 5 point deduction suspended for a year.
Everyone saves face and we don't have to have a drawn out trial.
That will be enough to slander the club for years and years. Look how much mileage they got out of ‘time barred’.

Nah, if we have not broken any rule, and if more importantly they can’t prove that then I want a statement that says exactly that.

That will be enough to slander the club for years and years. Look how much mileage they got out of ‘time barred’.

Nah, if we have not broken any rule, and if more importantly they can’t prove that then I want a statement that says exactly that.
f@$k slander. it's defamation I'm worried about.

Interesting article in 14th April Sunday Times Business Section - featuring Alberto Galassi (CEO of Ferretti) who's a non-exec director of City football Group - when questioned about the charges he says "I am not entitled to discuss this, but perhaps you can tell from my body language I am super confident (about the outcome)"
Thanks for posting that snippet.

Here is the extract:

At Piaggio, where he climbed from the sales and marketing departments to became chief executive in 2009, Galassi became close friends with the future Manchester City chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak, who led Abu Dhabi’s investment in the aerospace company in 2006.

Al Mubarak appointed Galassi to the board of Man City as a non-executive director in 2012. Despite the team’s success on the pitch, the club has been charged with 115 breaches of financial fair play regulations. “I am not entitled to discuss this, but perhaps you can tell from my body language I am super confident [about the outcome],” he says.

Crack out the champagne blues. Once we are cleared I genuinely believe we will break the internet and any red **** still breathing will be looking for a hole to crawl into.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.