PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

By bizarre coincidence I knew a Tory local councillor called Kershaw. Slightly strange bloke, memory might be playing tricks but if I remember correctly he had very blonde hair, slightly John Inman (ish) in demeanour.
I doubt if any Tory local councillor has ever said “I’m free”. Their charges tend to be on the high side

Worryingly rational comment from Simon Stone:

Martin, Birmingham:
Do you think the continuing secrecy around the investigations into Man City's PSR compliance is harmful to the integrity of the Premier League and especially so if they win a fourth consecutive title or a 'double double'.

Simon stone
When you say ‘secrecy’, what is it you want to know? There is a case, which we think will be held in the autumn and which will be behind closed doors. As it is a private case, within a private organisation, there is nothing unusual in that. Then the case will be assessed, then there will be a verdict followed, at some point, by the written reasons, which will be lengthy and detailed and explain what has happened.

Do you want this all to be out in the open, like a legal trial? I admit, it would be fascinating. But it isn’t going to happen. I also accept the time it takes – and the fact Manchester City could win a second title since the charges were brought in a matter of weeks – is frustrating. But I am not sure what the alternative is. It is a complex legal case.
I see the whole thing as the PL shooting itself in the foot

Worryingly rational comment from Simon Stone:

Martin, Birmingham:
Do you think the continuing secrecy around the investigations into Man City's PSR compliance is harmful to the integrity of the Premier League and especially so if they win a fourth consecutive title or a 'double double'.

Simon stone
When you say ‘secrecy’, what is it you want to know? There is a case, which we think will be held in the autumn and which will be behind closed doors. As it is a private case, within a private organisation, there is nothing unusual in that. Then the case will be assessed, then there will be a verdict followed, at some point, by the written reasons, which will be lengthy and detailed and explain what has happened.

Do you want this all to be out in the open, like a legal trial? I admit, it would be fascinating. But it isn’t going to happen. I also accept the time it takes – and the fact Manchester City could win a second title since the charges were brought in a matter of weeks – is frustrating. But I am not sure what the alternative is. It is a complex legal case.
Simon Stone is mostly correct. But the part about our breaches being a legal case? It's not.

Last edited:
Yeah so it still filled a void that the only thing not successful was his football team so he ‘chose’ united , still the same
Like millions of other fans, for varying reasons if that's better for you.

I came from a non-footballing family, so as a kid I chose to support the Dippers. Why? Because they were the best in England & Europe at the time.

Around age 8, my cousin asked me why I supported them & I explained. He told me I should be supporting MY "local club" which he said was City, so because of the respect I had for my big cousin, I became a Blue & the Dippers became my second team until about ten years ago.

There are varying valid reasons why people choose to support a club beyond where they were born or live.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.