PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

On 606 an Irish fella called up to say his dad said he can choose 1 of 2 teams Rags or Dippers as they are the Catholic teams….

Does anyone want to tell him lol…..
When Villa had lots of irish players, they were very popular
When arsenal had several irish players, they were popular
There are loads of kids running around in lots of City kits now because we are top of the bunch.
If you are outside of the UK, you generally pick team who are top at the time, have a few players from your country or you follow your dad's team.
Go to any of the big sports outlets and they are crammed with City stuff now.

The rags and dippers support is definitely on the decline at the moment.
In Ireland when I was growing up, you couldn't play football in a lot of areas.
Banned at school and frowned upon in the community

When Villa had lots of irish players, they were very popular
When arsenal had several irish players, they were popular
There are loads of kids running around in lots of City kits now because we are top of the bunch.
If you are outside of the UK, you generally pick team who are top at the time, have a few players from your country or you follow your dad's team.
Go to any of the big sports outlets and they are crammed with City stuff now.

The rags and dippers support is definitely on the decline at the moment.
In Ireland when I was growing up, you couldn't play football in a lot of areas.
Banned at school and frowned upon in the community
Can I ask why?

Can I ask why?
Just copied this bit below but GAA games were the main sports at the time . Even after 1971, there were little or no facilities and teams initially cropped up in the garrison towns.

Rule 27 of the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA), also known as "the Ban", was a rule in force from 1905 to 1971 that banned members of the GAA from playing or watching other sports such as rugby, soccer or hockey.

Seems the pl is hell bent on destroying itself

The top clubs will fuck off the premier league for the super league, it's inevitable. All this crying it's not fair Forest, Bournemouth etcetera can't compete with the top six has come about twenty years too late. Nobody worldwide wants to watch Burnley play Sheffield United, except ex pats of those clubs. It's harsh but true. The ones generating all the interest and money won't tolerate their spending being clipped meaning they are hindered competing in the champions league. This country will be left with a glorified championship watching a second rate product. No world class players will come to play in it. Whoever is funding the super league will just pay the fine for the top clubs leaving.

Just copied this bit below but GAA games were the main sports at the time . Even after 1971, there were little or no facilities and teams initially cropped up in the garrison towns.

Rule 27 of the Gaeelic Athletic Association (GAA), also known as "the Ban", was a rule in force from 1905 to 1971 that banned members of the GAA from playing or watching other sports such as rugby, soccer or hockey.
Yep. I remember it well. I went to a boarding school in Cork back in the 70's which was a big hurling academy. Used to win Munster and All-Ireland colleges regularly. They didn't ban us from playing soccer in the school but if we wore school colours while playing it, it was practically grounds for expulsion. Or at least a good hiding, which was commonplace in those days. ;)

The top clubs will fuck off the premier league for the super league, it's inevitable. All this crying it's not fair Forest, Bournemouth etcetera can't compete with the top six has come about twenty years too late. Nobody worldwide wants to watch Burnley play Sheffield United, except ex pats of those clubs. It's harsh but true. The ones generating all the interest and money won't tolerate their spending being clipped meaning they are hindered competing in the champions league. This country will be left with a glorified championship watching a second rate product. No world class players will come to play in it. Whoever is funding the super league will just pay the fine for the top clubs leaving.
But they’ve got enough votes to pass it through. So the top clubs will have to accept it. City, rags & Villa voted against. Chelsea cowards abstained
It will be years before a European super league gets passed

Fortunately it looks as if our spending can increase !!!

I don’t know if already mentioned but I think the account who posted on twitter is a sponsor or was for Ian cheeseman’s business.

But they’ve got enough votes to pass it through. So the top clubs will have to accept it. City, rags & Villa voted against. Chelsea cowards abstained
It will be years before a European super league gets passed

Fortunately it looks as if our spending can increase !!!

Of course they'll get enough votes to pass it. At the moment clubs outside the top six, except maybe a couple, can't compete to win the league. Clubs like ours, who've worked hard to build up our clubs revenue and profile worldwide won't accept it whatever the vote.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.