PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not true at all. Lots to see not least that it is unlikely the property transaction have the necessary "genuine commercial rationale". Regardless the THREE MILLION views in 12 hours suggests a lot of interest and plenty to see.
It’s mental that in this period where teams are having points deducted there is nothing stopping these property deals that even the EFL put a stop to years ago.

The PL been busy introducing caps and restricting related party transactions - but no probs selling the stadium and hotels to yourself !! Madness

That literally validates what I said.

Other teams are going to push for us to be sanctioned because its now an open spot if we get kicked out.

Nowhere in that article does it say the Premier League is actively taking on advice from these clubs.
Well of course it fucking doesn’t! As if either side would admit to such shameless collusion. The reality is though that United, Liverpool et al, are the tails that wag the dog. They raise the global profile and income streams of the PL way more than any other clubs, yet conversely are quite happy to show their utter contempt for the organisation when the need arises - the Super League debacle being the most obvious example. Do you think the PL isn’t afraid of losing its two golden geese? Why else, other than keeping those specific clubs onboard, would Masters have very publicly had lunch at Anfield and the Swamp during the nomination process. As the same paper you highlight above said at the time (I think), he was there to gain their ’seal of approval’. And, surprise surprise, the current Chair of the PL, Alison Britten, is a card carrying rag as well.
I wouldn’t want to chuck words like ‘corrupt’ at the PL, just because they’re making decisions we don’t like (and let’s face it, they couldn’t be seen to ignore the Der Spiegel emails), but if you think the red shirts aren’t making noises in the background and that the PL aren’t mindful of them, you’re dreaming…..

So these clubs just said to the Premier league, we won't give you any advice, but relegate them!

I can send Pep an email with tactical analysis for the Spurs game but that doesn't mean he will pay attention to it.

The PL aren't collaborating with other teams no matter what those teams try and do.

If they actually did that and that was ever provable, the PL would be susceptible to an absolute nuclear bomb of antitrust legal action.

Quick question (sorry if it's been covered) - the PL have accused us of providing inaccurate accounts. Does this mean the accounts posted at Companies House or just the accounts provided to the PL after making adjustments to the statutory accounts, as required by the PL?
The charges are that we haven't supplied accurate information about remuneration for Mancini and players

I would guess that its more detail than required in the accounts submitted to Companies House

I can send Pep an email with tactical analysis for the Spurs game but that doesn't mean he will pay attention to it.

The PL aren't collaborating with other teams no matter what those teams try and do.

If they actually did that and that was ever provable, the PL would be susceptible to an absolute nuclear bomb of antitrust legal action.
How can you prove spoken words?
So these clubs just said to the Premier league, we won't give you any advice, but relegate them!

How can you prove spoken words?
Do you have proof that the Premier League are soliciting and engaging with the assistance of other clubs in an investigation of Man City's alleged cheating?

I'm not saying those other clubs aren't trying to influence it. I'm saying the Prem isn't going to consult with them on it.

When they punished Everton and Forest, did they punish them based on what Burnley thought of the matter?

Do you have proof that the Premier League are soliciting and engaging with the assistance of other clubs in an investigation of Man City's alleged cheating?

I'm not saying those other clubs aren't trying to influence it. I'm saying the Prem isn't going to consult with them on it.

When they punished Everton and Forest, did they punish them based on what Burnley thought of the matter?
despite suspicious accounting practices of liverpool and outright cheating in terms of hacking our database and despite the rags failing uefas version of ffp why have neither of these teams been subjective to the detailed investigation of their accounts going back over 15 years and an absolute forensic investigation of their books and business practices in the same manner that we have?

I am very confident that we will be successful in this case. I am bloody bored with it though. Bored with the endless regurgitation of 115, with no knowledge, spilling forth from red-shirt fans because their teams couldn't beat us where it counts. Bored that performances on the field of play come with a plethora of caveats. It isn't even anger or frustration: it's f***ing boring.

Meanwhile, Chelsea selling their property to another company they own is just a tinge of the problem of attempting to regulate multi-million pound enterprises with rules that sit outside the law. Effectively, these businesses will laugh at you, metaphorically, because when the die is cast, it law that has the final say.

despite suspicious accounting practices of liverpool and outright cheating in terms of hacking our database and despite the rags failing uefas version of ffp why have neither of these teams been subjective to the detailed investigation of their accounts going back over 15 years and an absolute forensic investigation of their books and business practices in the same manner that we have?

As far as Liverpool goes, they paid a settlement in 2013 so that was closed off at the time. Whether we could have gone further with that, who knows. Maybe we would have done had this happened after all the other shit we've had.

With United, it was a "minor" breach related to the changes affected by Covid in financial reporting. What exactly isn't widely publicly available, just like the charges we have.

Tbh like everyone else here, I dont know what has triggered an investigation on the Premier Leagues part, and we'll probably never know.

What I would like in future (which we won't get because the Prem are a historically incompetent group of people in all aspects even beyond FFP) is an actual press release explaining which specific rules have been broken rather than saying "rule C17, rule D12" etc.

They have all these handbooks available, why not make the effort? They've set a narrative here by being so haphazard about it.

It doesn't even benefit them, because now you have this unbelievably raised expectation of how severely we'll get punished and whatever they do that isn't throwing us out the league and stripping every trophy since the 1958 FA Cup win (neither of which are going to happen anyway) is going to be seen as going soft on us because they allowed the story to spin out of control by dragging their knuckles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.