PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Given that the PL is supposed to endorse or reject within a certain timeframe which they haven't would assume there is an implied acceptance of the hotel deal.

I don't think that's true, they have just as much not accepted it as they have not rejected it.

As far as Liverpool goes, they paid a settlement in 2013 so that was closed off at the time. Whether we could have gone further with that, who knows. Maybe we would have done had this happened after all the other shit we've had.

With United, it was a "minor" breach related to the changes affected by Covid in financial reporting. What exactly isn't widely publicly available, just like the charges we have.

Tbh like everyone else here, I dont know what has triggered an investigation on the Premier Leagues part, and we'll probably never know.

What I would like in future (which we won't get because the Prem are a historically incompetent group of people in all aspects even beyond FFP) is an actual press release explaining which specific rules have been broken rather than saying "rule C17, rule D12" etc.

They have all these handbooks available, why not make the effort? They've set a narrative here by being so haphazard about it.

It doesn't even benefit them, because now you have this unbelievably raised expectation of how severely we'll get punished and whatever they do that isn't throwing us out the league and stripping every trophy since the 1958 FA Cup win (neither of which are going to happen anyway) is going to be seen as going soft on us because they allowed the story to spin out of control by dragging their knuckles.
UTD was declared a minor breach, but when a billion dollar accountancy company puts in false figures, it is not minor, it breaks the rules as they were and as they are.

What I mean by that is that Liverpool settled with us so we seem to have just closed it off there. I think there's been a change in tone from our upper management since the mid 2010s FFP punishment and they'd be a little less forgiving if it happened now.

We don't really know what warranted an investigation on the PLs part. Maybe it's the heavy investment in transfers of that time, I'd like to think that we get something more to go on once the review kicks off. But we both know that's probably not going to happen.
Mate you and i both know what kicked off the investigation, like with any civil investigation, who does it benefit and you wont be far wrong but like i say if the pl investigated everyone with exactly the same level of vigour that they have us then you could say well fair enough at least theyve been even handed but the fact is they have not and to undertake the level of investigation that they did the assumption was that we were guilty and like i stated earlier if you go into an investigation with that mindset then you will find something like i say its confirmation bias.

We were literally cleared by the court of arbitration for sport and it didnt draw a line under it but they should have theres drawn under it and regardless of the breach or size of it why was it swept under the carpet and a line drawn under it?

While i am not necessarily disagreeing with you what i am asking is why every single club hasnt been subjected to the in depth and forensic investigation that we have despite there being ample reason to do so and that is my point, if everybody had been subjected it to it then you could say we have been treated fairly, the fact that they havent is what i question as the bottom line is that if you go into any investigation with the supposition of guilt then you are likely to find something to confirm your bias.
The FA/PL had to investigate the accusation Standard Operating Procedure, the CAS result would not have changed that, and there are different rules. But they will have taken into account the CAS ruling, which is why for the first two years nothing happened.
The question is what happened next?, did the FA/PL find something? did the FA/PL break SOP and by doing so raise the possibility of victimization and other claims. were we investigated the same as Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.