PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

despite suspicious accounting practices of liverpool and outright cheating in terms of hacking our database and despite the rags failing uefas version of ffp why have neither of these teams been subjective to the detailed investigation of their accounts going back over 15 years and an absolute forensic investigation of their books and business practices in the same manner that we have?
Cause Rick n dave sign them off

The line of thinking that always amazes me is the idea that Mansour was so influential in Abu Dhabi that he could tell a highly-regulated company in a highly-regulated industry that he would give them some money on the side to top-up the City sponsorship, but he wasn't influential enough, or wasn't smart enough, to have got the state to fund Etihad with a tiny bit more money so they could pay the sponsorship directly.

I just don't see the joined-up thinking in these allegations.

They aren't dealing with some idiot Del Boy character here .....

Edit: That would be Chelsea we are talking about there. Sorry, couldn't resist :)
Etihad were on their arse at the time being funded by the Abu Dhabi government There was an email talking about moving funds and payments of their sponsorship deal. HH was referred to which has been incorrectly interpreted as being Mansour when in fact only President (in 2014 Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan) is referred to has HH in this way Anyhow funds for the sponsorship were provide to Etihad as part of their government support and this was accepted at CAS

Would have been very easy for Mansour to disguise his funding of City as Etihad sponsorship by just asking his half brother to give Etihad the money and Ill pay you back later This is what I think they believed happened would be impossible to prove for anyone

There's a tiny conspiracy theorist in me that thinks the club has something on surrounding clubs that they're willing to go public with if we get unfairly punished.
Surely we're more likely to do this if we win our case. Assuming the PL don't try to strike a deal that sees a City win but any action from us against other clubs is off the table.

These financial charges are stupid:

1) The evidence for the charges were illegally acquired;
2) Even if true, other leagues may not be subject to these regulations; what will happen to English football if our top teams can't spend as much as Madrid, Barca, Bayren, etc.?

If the P/L is to offer a competitive product it's clear that the current financial rules need to change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.