PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yup thats what I find. This country's media have poisoned this country. I watch American and Middle Eastern or South African and its wow so much fairer coverage.
Here’s a NYT take on events against Spurs and into the weekend.
Is it a fair reflection of things?

Here’s a NYT take on events against Spurs and into the weekend.
Is it a fair reflection of things?
I appreciate the trouble yourself and other posters go to to provide links but don't you think it would be better to provide a link that we can fully access without, after the first few lines, get a pop up asking to subscibe before we can continue to read. Whats the point in posting a link we can't view with one click.
For my sake I hope I'm not doing something wrong when clicking but as a FOC it is a possibility;-)

The information is in the public domain. The authorities could have investigated it if they had the will. They let it pass, and I can't see them changing their mind on that issue.

Liverpool broke the PL rule that says they must treat other clubs in good faith. The PL applying a punishment would have no impact on a criminal case.

It seems to me the pl only act on their rules when they want to. Regarding the rule below I have never seen what punishment the pl gave the hateful 8 with the letter.

the PL rule that says they must treat other clubs in good faith

I appreciate the trouble yourself and other posters go to to provide links but don't you think it would be better to provide a link that we can fully access without, after the first few lines, get a pop up asking to subscibe before we can continue to read. Whats the point in posting a link we can't view with one click.
For my sake I hope I'm not doing something wrong when clicking but as a FOC it is a possibility;-)
The worst of it is, it says it is from the NYtimes.com but when you open it it is actually the Athletic comic who have done the article, so it is fair to say if you could even read it before the signup advert appears it will be shite anyway.

Sorry about that. Didn’t realise it wouldn’t open.
Here’s a relevant part that shows a particular angle being explored;

This is an unprecedented period of dominance and, in that context, it’s unsurprising that supporters of other clubs have to find their enjoyment in whatever way they can.

And it’s not just the Premier League — City tend to hoover up the domestic cups as well. In the past decade, only seven English clubs have won a major trophy (the Premier League, domestic cups or one of the three European cups). In the previous decade (2005 to 2014), that number was 10. It was 10 from 1995-2004, too, and 13 from 1985-1994.

Essentially, it’s getting harder and harder for non-elite clubs to win anything, let alone the Premier League. Though an honourable mention for Watford, who nearly added to that tally of seven when they reached the FA Cup final in 2019… a final they lost 6-0 to Manchester City.

It goes on about the reasons fans look for any consolation when ultimately they themselves can’t compete.

Then it ends with this;

The weirder thing in all of this is not how much Spurs fans wanted to revel in Arsenal’s misfortune — that’s totally to be expected — but how little feeling City engender in rival fans. As the dominant team in English football, one would expect them to evoke a mixture of hatred and begrudging admiration. As Manchester United and Liverpool once did. Instead, there’s generally a numbness towards City or, often, actually an appreciation for the useful role they perform in denying teams that fans of rival clubs actually care about.

When you take a step back, the situation is strange. A league that prides itself on competitiveness will almost certainly, by Sunday, have been won by the same team for the last four years and six of the last seven. Oh, and that same team is facing 115 charges for alleged breaches of Premier League rules (which they deny).

I’m not sure how accurate the description of indifference towards us is and although a lot more objective, it still manages to get a different slant on the competitiveness of the league/lack of competitiveness argument.
Poor old Spurs can’t compete, so the best comfort they have is Arsenal not winning either.

The worst of it is, it says it is from the NYtimes.com but when you open it it is actually the Athletic comic who have done the article, so it is fair to say if you could even read it before the signup advert appears it will be shite anyway.
True. I noted that also.
However this is what is posted over there.

When you take a step back, the situation is strange. A league that prides itself on competitiveness will almost certainly, by Sunday, have been won by the same team for the last four years and six of the last seven. Oh, and that same team is facing 115 charges for alleged breaches of Premier League rules (which they deny).

I’m not sure how accurate the description of indifference towards us is and although a lot more objective, it still manages to get a different slant on the competitiveness of the league/lack of competitiveness argument.
Poor old Spurs can’t compete, so the best comfort they have is Arsenal not winning either.

I think there's some truth in that but he doesn't examine the real reason why we don't inspire the hatred of other fans. I think the same could be said of Chelsea, and the reason is obvious;

The fans of united, liverpool and the Arse are insufferable cunts that no one can stand.

Sorry about that. Didn’t realise it wouldn’t open.
Here’s a relevant part that shows a particular angle being explored;

This is an unprecedented period of dominance and, in that context, it’s unsurprising that supporters of other clubs have to find their enjoyment in whatever way they can.

And it’s not just the Premier League — City tend to hoover up the domestic cups as well. In the past decade, only seven English clubs have won a major trophy (the Premier League, domestic cups or one of the three European cups). In the previous decade (2005 to 2014), that number was 10. It was 10 from 1995-2004, too, and 13 from 1985-1994.

Essentially, it’s getting harder and harder for non-elite clubs to win anything, let alone the Premier League. Though an honourable mention for Watford, who nearly added to that tally of seven when they reached the FA Cup final in 2019… a final they lost 6-0 to Manchester City.

It goes on about the reasons fans look for any consolation when ultimately they themselves can’t compete.

Then it ends with this;

The weirder thing in all of this is not how much Spurs fans wanted to revel in Arsenal’s misfortune — that’s totally to be expected — but how little feeling City engender in rival fans. As the dominant team in English football, one would expect them to evoke a mixture of hatred and begrudging admiration. As Manchester United and Liverpool once did. Instead, there’s generally a numbness towards City or, often, actually an appreciation for the useful role they perform in denying teams that fans of rival clubs actually care about.

File under 'bin without reading'. Just another rag/dipper client [I hesitate to use the word] 'journalist' at The Pathetic, pedalling exhausting 'no-one cares about City' nonsense. Whatever, I'm sure a huge survey was conducted to assess the extent of said 'numbness'.........

I think there's some truth in that but he doesn't examine the real reason why we don't inspire the hatred of other fans. I think the same could be said of Chelsea, and the reason is obvious;

The fans of united, liverpool and the Arse are insufferable cunts that no one can stand.
You won’t have that reported anywhere though.
Certainly not in Britain and the world media would not show as much bias.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.