PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I have always said that the intention behind this was to tarnish the club and to set back the commercial growth of the club and the fan base they are using this to delegitimise everything the club has done, that's not a conspiracy theory it's a fact

It's also a gold mine for the click bait sites like Sport Bible who just make up stories in order to get clicks

Sorry about that. Didn’t realise it wouldn’t open.
Here’s a relevant part that shows a particular angle being explored;

This is an unprecedented period of dominance and, in that context, it’s unsurprising that supporters of other clubs have to find their enjoyment in whatever way they can.

And it’s not just the Premier League — City tend to hoover up the domestic cups as well. In the past decade, only seven English clubs have won a major trophy (the Premier League, domestic cups or one of the three European cups). In the previous decade (2005 to 2014), that number was 10. It was 10 from 1995-2004, too, and 13 from 1985-1994.

Essentially, it’s getting harder and harder for non-elite clubs to win anything, let alone the Premier League. Though an honourable mention for Watford, who nearly added to that tally of seven when they reached the FA Cup final in 2019… a final they lost 6-0 to Manchester City.

It goes on about the reasons fans look for any consolation when ultimately they themselves can’t compete.

Then it ends with this;

The weirder thing in all of this is not how much Spurs fans wanted to revel in Arsenal’s misfortune — that’s totally to be expected — but how little feeling City engender in rival fans. As the dominant team in English football, one would expect them to evoke a mixture of hatred and begrudging admiration. As Manchester United and Liverpool once did. Instead, there’s generally a numbness towards City or, often, actually an appreciation for the useful role they perform in denying teams that fans of rival clubs actually care about.

When you take a step back, the situation is strange. A league that prides itself on competitiveness will almost certainly, by Sunday, have been won by the same team for the last four years and six of the last seven. Oh, and that same team is facing 115 charges for alleged breaches of Premier League rules (which they deny).

I’m not sure how accurate the description of indifference towards us is and although a lot more objective, it still manages to get a different slant on the competitiveness of the league/lack of competitiveness argument.
Poor old Spurs can’t compete, so the best comfort they have is Arsenal not winning either.

It’s not indifference, more likely resignation to our current dominance. There’s a big difference. The lack of competitiveness argument is also bollocks - we’ve had Liverpool and now Arsenal push us right to the end on numerous occasions. That is the very definition of competition.

A settlement is a settlement. Done, finished and time barred anyway. And City settled for peanuts so not much of a big deal despite the noise on here.
I suspect City wouldn't want it resurrected either, why people keep bringing it up is just "whataboutery" nonsense. You'd have thought City fans would know better given all the "whataboutery" aimed at us.

Would be interested in knowing whether this is true or whether there are serious omissions in the reporting - Project River anybody else ? The Swedish Rumble stuff not the Harris/ video rubbish)

Personally couldn’t give a stuff one way or the other. We won our titles on the pitch with the same restrictions United Liverpool Blackburn Chelsea and Arsenal had. The rest is just semantics.

I have always said that the intention behind this was to tarnish the club and to set back the commercial growth of the club and the fan base they are using this to delegitimise everything the club has done, that's not a conspiracy theory it's a fact

It's also a gold mine for the click bait sites like Sport Bible who just make up stories in order to get clicks
Couldn't have gone much worse for them then considering our amount of trophies, social media presence and record breaking commercial deals.

Memories of the hatred towards Liverpool and United in their heyday are somewhat exaggerated, however why is engendering less negative emotions in rival fans necessarily a bad thing?

Only a pitifully insecure **** would want his club to feel hated in order to validate their own support. Just take a step back and think how sad that actually is, that people feel better than they otherwise would about the football team they support because some rival supporters hate it more than another club.

That’s about as fucking needy as it’s possible to be in football supporting terms.
Absolutely.
I do however think that the indifference towards us by most other fans has greatly been influenced or diminished by the current reputational attack on us, which is primarily what I see it as.
I live in Dublin, so naturally grew up amongst mainly Utd and Liverpool supporters. My best mate is a Liverpool supporter.
I never hated Liverpool through their dominant period. I had a respect for them.
Even the United team. Although I hated Fergusson with a passion and Keane for that matter, there was a begrudged respect for their machine like attitude although I did feel Fegusson’s influence on league and media was unhealthy.
There’s no doubt City were the butt end of the joke mainly from United fans over here, not Liverpool fans.
It didn’t bother me. I still wore my City jersey with pride at 5-a-side football.

What’s happening now in football was probably always going on, but us being at the top of the pile now and the off-field offensive towards us which is unprecedented and relentless, certainly for City fans, it has exposed the rotten nature of football as a business, not a sport.

We’re winning on the field, but off field there is untold damage being done, not only to our reputation, but to the game itself.

I would say that is true for a lot of fans.
As much as I love watching City and the football we play, my love of the game diminishes year on year.

Who does it benefit, this saga dragging on unresolved?
Certainly not City.
There is money to be made out of it in the media and regarding the Cartel, my feeling is that the longer they can keep the narrative going that we are cheats, then the more accepting the world of football will be that we got what we deserved, when they find a way to screw us.
They haven’t found a way yet, perhaps. Not one that will stand up to scrutiny in any independent court or tribunal.
So they benefit from miring us in the court of public opinion where evidence or facts are far less important.

Arsenal have as many cunts as rags and dippers.
Noticed a huge increase since the Rodri winner.
If we win on Sunday it will go full dipper mode after the final whistle.
Look at the amount of cunts that were moaning about Spurs despite a very good effort from them the other night.
No bigger **** than Gobshite Morgan, he who slagged of Spurs fans for wanting City to win yet it was alright for him to be a Spurs fan for the night.

This.

This bullshit about lack of competition is endemic of the english disease instead of appreciating brilliance and aspiring to match it and surpass it we too often look to denigrate it to make ourselves feel better about not achieving it.
Utd dominated and the media STILL have PTSD over them not winning nowadays. They want the right winners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.