PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I have read with interest the posts that emphasise the gravity of the PL 115 accusations.

If the Panel find us guilty of any of these extreme charges without real evidence surely the variety of sponsors and accountancy companies who may be implicated will sue the PL.

These companies are not bound by our owners wish or rule compliance via PL they will simply go for the jugular.

I see Etihad Airways are openly going for a listing so anything that threatens that will have serious consequences for the PL without real evidence rather than opinion.
I'm sure the Panel members will be aware of this and will act correctly in their own interests never mind the interests of the PL or it's red shirt controllers.

In the meantime I look forward to the next media or PL attack that will keep the team, it's manager and us fans focused on a football supremacy.

As a long term City fan I am glad to see we are still at our best when we are allowed to criticise City generally but resent accusations from others.

Continue with the own goals media and PL.

You have to think that with Masters gone and an IR in place, the IR will be ensuring a suitable replacement is in place, rather than Liverpool and United?

An actually competent CEO who puts the interest of the PL before that of the clubs would make a huge difference to almost everything.

Oh, and the ineffectual chairwoman can bugger off too .....

That Manager definition is pretty wide. Title semantics won't work.

The Club directory section uses a range of Titles including Head Coach for Eddie Howe. He would still be Manager for the purposes of the rules.

Correct.

Edit: I didn't think the OP was being serious, tbh.

Last edited:
The commonly held view is that Mancini was paid 'on the side' via a deal to provide consulting services to another company.
However any manager can do a bit of work on the side and the details of the 3rd party contracts are unknown to the club.
Even if they are known and deemed 'relevant' they are not contracts formed by the club therefore the word 'its' is a problem for our accusers.
If the PL still believe that any club who is even aware of a 3rd party contract should declare that knowledge it is still unrealistic to assume they know the remuneration details or other particulars.

Imagine a manager having a contract with a newspaper to write a column. That contract states they will receive between 500k and 800k depending on subscriber figures and that the pay will increase between 5% and 10% per annum based on company and personal performance...

How are the PL going to determine his pay? Do they expect to see the managers personal bank account or the newspaper accounts?

Who will pay Dave Brailsford Rags or Team Sky? No innuendo, no snide articles about hiding pay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.