PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think they will have been issued against the backdrop of legal advice counselling extreme caution, yes.

I don’t necessarily think they were issued in the knowledge they were doomed to fail, but that they were objectively very likely to, given what is being alleged, and how hard that it to prove, especially viewed through the prism of no discernible probative evidence in the public domain.

I think they were issued on a speculative basis in the hope that they would reveal something. That is never a solid basis upon which to litigate.

So flawed from the outset. And wholly unnecessary, given the outcome of CAS.

And charges that inevitably cast a huge spotlight upon themselves, which unleashed media forces that cannot be contained and caused those charges to become the main talking point of the league as a whole.

Charges that have hugely damaged the PL brand and undermined the credibility of enforcement of its rules against other clubs

Where there has been no palpable progress of the matter in sixteen months.

Against the backdrop of the foregoing, all of which suitably demonstrates the egregiously poor judgement of the key decision makers in the PL, can I believe those decision makers are likely to have ignored warnings to be cautious by their legal advisors?

Yes, I absolutely fucking can.
Well said. At 5am too!
leonard-sachs-the-good-old-days-richard-iii-hand-signed-photo-172063-p.jpg

At the risk of outing myself as thick as fuck, I struggle with the notion that preposterous charges have been brought by the EPL who must have sought the advice of competent lawyers before they did so. Genuine question to you - do you believe the EPL lawyers are thick as fuck also, or is it the case that the charges were issued by the EPL against legal advice?
For what it’s worth I trust Khaldoon‘s irrefutable evidence statement but as I say it seems virtually unthinkable that any responsible organisation would issue proceedings of such magnitude knowing such proceedings were doomed to fail

Relax about the legal position.

Vardy v Rooney libel case. Someone took that on despite the fact Vardy was clearly guilty. It made no fucking sense at all, but if you pay their bills and instruct them, lawyers will do what they're requested to (within reason of course).

I like Tolmie but didn't he get the cease and desist letters information wrong? Is this new information or just rehashing what the club has said all along?
I’m not sure anyone can evaluate whether cease and desist letters have been sent (and consequently worked) if we don’t know who they’ve been sent to!

Well I would have thought they would have been sent to our most venomous critics but they appear to be continuing unabated.
The media have changed their tune from saying were guilty to saying the charges are casting a shadow over the club.

This was always going to happen that the charges would be brought up again after we won the league. Pretty much everyone predicted that on here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.